Friday, December 4, 2009

Vintage Christmas Tree Card

Hi everyone!!! Today's card is a Vintage Christmas tree with lots of holly framing the image. Here, also, is one of my Boyds Bearstones.
A close up here to show the embossing and stitching and the little jingle bell on the bow.This is the inside of the card. I made a pocket to tuck in theater, movie, sport, or concert tickets....of course, CASH would always be nice too!!!! LOL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Todays: CHRISTMAS AT CAROL's HOUSE

Well you know I love bears....so expect to see lots of them. The garland around the fireplace is filled with small little bears tucked in the branches. Mr. and Mrs. Clause are animated and lit up. The dolls are from the Boyds Bear collection and are probably 10 years old now. There are more things that light up on the mantel, but they don't show in the photograph. Hope you enjoyed the peek into my home. Let me know what you think!

Hugs,
Carol

7 comments:

Priscilla said...

Your card is beautiful....Oh I want to come have Christmas at your house. I love your decorations..so warm and inviting :)
Priscilla

Stampin Mindy said...

WOW This card and your decorations looks like a scene from a movie! Beautiful!

Chelsea said...

Hi Carol, your home is so warm and inviting! It's a perfect backdrop for the holiday photos. I also love decorating for Christmas, it's so much fun! Your vintage card is a beauty too! :)Chel

Carolyn said...

I just love this card, but holy WOW! Your fireplace decorations are gorgeous. I love that so much!!! Thank you for sharing your beautiful talent for decorating with us!

Hugs,
Carolyn

Sue said...

This must have taken hours. It looks like a picture from Martha Stewart Living....maybe you should contact her, ha ha. Just lovely, and so warm and inviting. I have a Christmas village that takes me a weekend to assemble. Gotta get going on that. Thanks for sharing your home with us.

OMG, I got so caught up in your decorations, I forgot to tell you how beautiful your Christmas tree card is. Pretty detailing too.

Winnie and Patty said...

Carol the card is beautiful! I love the holly all around the perimeter! And you home is so pretty. I'm glad you're posting pics of your decorations. You are such a talented lady--sure wish we lived close to each other! It was good talking to you the other day! TTYL

Carol L said...

The details you put into everything you create are incredible! Your card-making talents are amazing, and your decorating know-how is perfection! I so LOVE how you've decorated your fireplace, and I can only imagine what the rest of your home looks like!! TFS!