Monday, January 4, 2010

Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge #35-Raspberry Cupcake


Yum....don't you just love cupcakes? I know I do. My favorite cupcake is made with a white cake mix, filled with a cream cheese and chocolate chip mixture, topped with fudge frosting. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!!! LOL This cupcake is perfect for all of us who have made their New Year's Resolution concerning weight.....as there are no calories!!! It's too pretty to eat!!! My image is from this week's sponsor Sunflowers and Dragonflies.

I adore this stamp and Beth has several cupcake images to choose from at her store. I had lots of fun creating the layers (there are four-4) and I water colored the image too! I forgot how much fun that is as I haven't done it for a while. I made the flower from the same dp as I used on the card, but I drenched it with water and scrunched it up and let it dry. It gave it a better effect than just a punched flower.


*This Weeks (MMSC35) Bonus Sponsor is....

Thanks Beth for providing this package for our winner this week!!!


Our January Monthly Sponsor is.....
Please browse the collections at our exclusive retailer, http://www.mcmahonfivedesign.com/.

For the Month of Jan, D'Amour Allure has prepared a mixed package retail over $100 of Vintage Vanities and Pretty Little Things Stamps, including the newest Valentine Collection and Matching Text Collection. For more, check http://www.damourallure.com/index.html




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here is the sketch for Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge MMSC35. Come along and join us this week with this fun sketch. I'll be around to visit your blogs to see what you created.

Please leave you name and direct link in Mr. Linky at Priscillastyles to be entered in all the fun and prizes.

Thanks for visiting!!!




21 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful inside and out!! Love your use of punches and the colors!! Yummy cupcake!! The flower is gorgeous!! You sure rocked the challenge and the image my friend!!

hugs,
Chris

Whimcees said...

Hi Carol!

I love this cupcake card! The colors are so warm and happy!

Your skill with accessories is exceptional! I wish I could take lessons from you - though I do have a file of your cards for inspiration! Great card as always! :<)

Barbara Diane

Denise @ kc242 said...

Carol! Wow your cupcake card is exceptional inside as well as outside. Love all of your details. Your coloring and design are phenominal! It is always so inspiring to come here and see your work!

Stampin Mindy said...

This is so cute, I love that cupcake! Beautiful border! Hugs, Mindy

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

OMG, great cupcake(s), looks so much better than even in a bakery. Really nice cupcakes and shoot, I can't see your Black Forest recipe, not that I need it, still OD'ed from the Holidays. This is Confection Perfection! TFS, Jane

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!! That is the most beautiful cupckae I've EVER seen!! AMAZING WORK!! HUGS

Winnie and Patty said...

Yummy, beautiful cupcake card. I love it! TFS

Carolyn said...

Wow, again!! Absolutely and as always INCREDIBLE work! I cannot believe how you keep topping yourself every week. Always a ton of inspiration here. Happy New Year, and I will back to my old blogging self pretty soon.

Missed you all too!
Hugs,
Carolyn

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Carol - you 'blow me away' with your creativity and the attention to detail! This is gorgeous Carol - in every way! I love the colours and the dimension along with that border punch - what a feast for the eyes! Thanks for sharing Carol - always something gorgeous here! God bless you! {{{hugs}}}

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Carol, your cupcakes look out of this world delicious and it's a good job you can't eat them, I'd be affraid to ruin it!!! I love all the details you put into your work, especially all those pretty border punches and the sparkles. You truly are an inspiration. Beautiful card both inside and out.
Hope you are staying warm up there in Georgia! We have weather barely reaching 40 degrees right now....definately not the norm here but a very welcome change. Sounds like your New Year was fun, and that blue moon was amazing! Oh the fire pit....roasting marshmallows...we did that while were there. Not sure about putting the fire pit inside really....is that safe??
Stay warm!
Big hugs,
Charlotte
XXX

Christine Riley said...

Wow, what an amazing card! The inside is gorgeous. I love the use of the edge punch and the dimension! Beautiful!
Hugs, Christine :)

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Carol, sweet DT Sister, Everything you make is Sweet! :) That is some yummy looking cupcake and blackforest cake is my favorite. The other fav is Tiramisu. Your awesome personality always makes me happy. Hugs ~Jeni

Christina C. said...

Wow.....this card is simply breathtaking!!!!
The inside of your card is as amazing as the outside. GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carol L said...

Wow! I need a cupcake now! LOL That delightful image looks good enough to eat.....seriously!! The flower is AMAZING!! I'd love to see how you actually created that beautiful accent!
You crochet your flowers while your hubby is driving, while I crochet one after my card is made and I need something to accent it with! LOL Either way, it's fun to make them and they take no time at all! Great card Carol,and thanks for always leaving such sweet comments on my blog:)

Priscilla said...

OMG..see and I thought the outside was yummy..just look at that inside..WOW. I have to say, your last two cards are OUT OF THIS WORLD!!

Corie said...

WOW WOW WOW -- this is gorgeous

cabio's craft corner said...

Oh my goodness Carol, it's gorgeous. I love the pretty layering job you did on the image and a very smart idea for the pocket to tuck the tags inside this card. Looks so much fun :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Sue McMahon said...

What a yummy cupcake! Beautiful details as always! You blow me away with every card! :)

AWESOME!
Sue

Anonymous said...

I love how you did the cupcakes! The coloring is so neat! I like the border punches and the 3d- ish part is really cool!

Jasmine

Jeanne Theodore said...

How talented you are! This is a whole new world to me.

Sonya said...

Carol your designs are spectacular eye candy inside and out!!!! Can't decide which is my favorite!