Friday, November 5, 2010

Stampendous-Snowlights

Today I am showing you my first attempt with Copic markers. For my Birthday, I had asked my husband to get me a few as I really wanted to try them out. I have been unhappy with my current coloring techniques and have been frustrated with my outcomes. Well, I am hooked now. I know I have a long way to get the results I have seen other Copic users present-but I do love the vivid color and shading you can achieve. Don't look too close as the green, yellow, and orange colors on this are not Copics!! I couldn't get that many. lol But I do have my request in for Christmas now!

Recipe
Paper- Unknown-This is something I had in my stash forever-before I knew to save the names of stuff!
Spellbinders-Snowflake Die
Stamp - Stampendous Snowlights
Doily, Ribbon, various Martha Stewart Glitters, Snow Writer for texture

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I really appreciate it.

7 comments:

Lisa Foster said...

Love this Carol! What a cute snowman! Love the doily behind him too..sooo pretty! :)
Hugs,
Lisa

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a cheerful card carol.
well done.

greetings karin

Emily Keaton said...

This is just the sweetest, Carol!! Congrats on getting your first Copic markers--looks like you are doing an awesome job already!!! I've not dipped into Copics yet, but your gorgeous first-timer's work with them makes them look oh, so, tempting ;)

Marlene said...

It's beautiful! Uh oh - watch out....you've been bitten by the Copic Bug! It won't be long before copic markers begin to infest your craft room with their presence!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness this is so gorgeous!! I love the pretty details you've added to this design!! HUGS

Winnie and Patty said...

What a cute winter birthday card!!!! You did a fabulous job with your copics! And your background paper is perfect for the snowman image holding the string of lights!!! Too cute! Great job. TFS

Colleen Dietrich said...

Yes, don't you wish Copics were half their price? I"ve got a good supply, but find I still "need" more! LOL

I know Nutzi loved your card. How sweet of you to go all-out for her birthday. :)