Friday, January 16, 2009

Valentine Angel Bear


Yesterday around 4 p.m. after starting to feel better, I decided to use one of those Valentine card ideas that had been floating around my head while I was home sick from work the last two days. Now I am not obsessed with bears, but I do like to incorporate bears in just about every aspect of my life.

This is just one of those bear stamps I have collected and haven't used yet. I can't tell you for the life of me who the manufacture is because this stamp is not home. What I do, is take a bunch of stamps I am going to be stamping with to work with me and go into one of our empty offices during my lunch hour and stamp and color. I keep a box with ink, markers, pencils, and paper at work so I have my supplies on hand and just change out the stamps when I start a different project. This stamp is still in my room. I just love to color when I am at work. Coloring relieves stress!!! I loved to color as a child and still do as an adult. It's so relaxing.

I used heart shaped brads to attach my stamped image to the card. I used the heart Nestabilities from Spellbinders for the heart and stamped it with one of those Michael's dollar stamps I picked up recently. They had some cute ones this year. I also used Martha Stewart's branch and frond punch for the leafy accents on the Prima flowers. And of course, stickles....I glitter everything. I am so serious...I have all kinds of glitter, craft glitter, body glitter, hair glitter, eyelash glitter, and eye shadow glitter. I love it!

Thanks for looking and stay tuned for more Valentine cards coming soon. I am going to be making approximately 30 to 35 Valentines to send to friends and family.

No comments: