Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Poinsettia Christmas Wishes

This is a card I made with a PSX Poinsettia stamp that I got at a yard sale some time ago. I just love the bright vibrant colors of that very pretty Christmas Flower. The center of the poinsettia has gold seed beads that I glued in the middle.Here is a nice close up of the poinsettia. I stamped them three times with gold embossing powder and water colored them with Rangers Distress Fired Brick Distress Ink. Then I went over the top of the flowers and the leaves with glitter pens. IRL the poinsettia are glistening. I distressed the edges of the scalloped nesties and this Spellbinders Fancy Tag with Versamark's Brilliance Gold Galaxy ink. The sentiment was gold embossed. I used the new Martha Stewart doily lace trim punch. (I really like that one-and see myself using it a lot...good investment)
This is the inside of my card. I made the holly with Martha Stewart's branch punch. I highlighted the center of all the pretty flowers in the lace with red rhinestones.


One last look at the whole card. I stamped the corner of my envelop with the stamp and water-colored and glittered to match the main image. I hope you enjoyed viewing my card as much as I enjoyed making it. I love Christmas and will be making lots of Christmas cards. I hope you get some inspiration and create some poinsettia of your own!

Carol

9 comments:

Whimcees said...

You make the most beautiful cards! The insides are like another card! I love your style! Today I am determined to make a card with all the wonderful layers and add ons like you use.

I absolutely love your wonderful blog!

Barbara Diane

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

WOW Carol, this is a beauty! I just love all those layers...poinsettias are gorgeous flowers and you have made this one exceptionally beautiful. Love all the details on this card....Stunning once again!
TFS
Charlotte
XXX

Whimcees said...

Hello!

I have left you two awards on my blog. Wishing you a great day!

Barbara Diane

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous inside and out Carol!! Love your embossing and your coloring! So rich and elegant!!
hugs,
Chris

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

What a great find at the yard sale. Very pretty card, all over. Very festive and cheery for the holidays, lots of lovely details.

Sue McMahon said...

Beautiful Christmas Card! Great yard sale find!

Winnie and Patty said...

Wow, I don't know where to start. First, I can't imagine cutting out all the poinsettias, but boy, are they GORGOUS!!!! WOW. And the stocking on the inside is the perfect touch. I can just imagine all the glitter IRL. Great creation Carol. TFS

Kym Weber said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Carol! This is stunning! What a masterpiece not only outside but also inside!

Michelle's Daydreams said...

Oh Woweee!!! This is splendid! I'm just dying to ink up my new poinsettia stamp I picked up at a rubber stamp show a couple weeks ago! I love poinsettias! Love the gold embossing you used... I will definitely try that too. :) Michelle