Monday, June 21, 2010

MMSC#59- Butterfly


My creation this week was made with Prisicllastyles digi Butterfly found here. All I can say is WOW. This will not be the last time you see this Butterfly from me. I absolutely love the details it has. You are going to love this.....and I heat embossed it. Yup, you heard me right!! How did I do it you ask? With a Zig Emboss it pen!!!

Here is some close up detail of this gorgeous butterfly. Shhhhh, I used crayola markers on this butterfly, then I took Rangers tea dye distress ink and pounced it all over the top. Then I cut it out and place crystal effects over the whole image. I then used a very fine glitter that I very carefully sprinkled all over the image.

The orange flowers are Prima flowers called Got Iced. I took my Ranger Distress Tea Dye ink and applied it to them as well to tone down the orange to a more vintage looking color. Then I randomly applied some glue and applied Diamond Dust to give them a frosted look.

This is the matching envelope. Throughout the card I used the Martha Stewart Butterfly PATP punch, Spellbinders die cuts both scalloped round and oval. The Sizzx leaves and flourish die.

My papers are from K & Company. I used spiced marmalade and peeled paint Rangers Distress Ink sponged around the outside of my papers.

Challenges Entered
Paper Playtime - Bugs, Bees, Ants or Ladybugs
The Shabby Tea Room - (Photo inspiration) Cottage Comfort
Challenge Up Your Life - Vintage
Crafty Creations Challenge - It's a Stitch Up
Crazy 4 Challenges - Paper Flowers
KL Stampin N Scrappin - Let's Get Shabby

20 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

Oh Carol - this is spectacular! I love Priscillas butterfly and all of the shimmer and shine you have added - stunning! The colours are so rich and warm and the flowers - to die for (well, not literally!) this is one amazing work of the heart Caro, I love your 'Carol-isims! Thanks for sharing! Love it! {{{hugs}}}

Nicole said...

Beautiful! That butterfly is amazing! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow! What a fabulous card and matching envelope! Your take on that sketch is spot on, and I love your fancy version. The detailing you've added with the flowers and that butterfly are amazing. Just LOVE that butterfly. Thanks for playing along with us in the Tea Room.

Love crafts forever said...

Ah Carol. WOW!!!!!!! Your card and box are absolutely stunning. Buterfly and flowers my favorits. Love your work, you have a big tallent. Hugs, Nataliya.

Debbie said...

Wow - so much amazing beauty in your design! I {heart} the butterfly and those flowers are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us this week in the Tea Room and for my 'Let's Get Shabby' challenge at KLSNS too :)

Lisa said...

WOW what an absolutely gorgeous creation!! That butterfly is sooo pretty! Thanks so much for playing and sharing in the Tea Room this week.

Lisa said...

Oh my word this is fantastic! I am such a clean and simple scrapbooker and am always jealous of ladies like yourself who can put together such gorgeous and detailed items! BEAUTIFUL!

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

OMG! Another colorexplosion! I love it! The green and orange looks fantastic together and the butterfly! Oh My it looks good! I love it!

Hugs
Gunn

Winnie and Patty said...

Oh Carol------how beautiful!!! I love the oranges and greens that you chose for this card! The shine you got on the butterfly is incredible!!! This card is fantastic! Thanks so very much for sharing you talent with us!!!!

Jessica G. said...

Gorgeous butterfly and your orange and green color combo is stunning! Amazing look with layering the primas, too!!
Jessica, MMSC DT

pam124 said...

You know how I feel about his creation Carol - my gosh, it's GORGEOUS!! I did a write up on SCS, but I have to ask again, how do you do it and how long does it take???? You have certainly showcased Priscilla's butterfly to the hilt my friend. This is another MASTERPIECE to add to your collection. LOVE IT!! Hey, maybe you are the FAVE now!!! LOL!

Melissa said...

Absolutely stunning! What else can I say? That butterfly looks perfectly real... :) Thanks for joining us at TSTR!

Denise @ kc242 said...

Carol your butterfly card this week is wonderful. I LOVE those bright colors. As always another top notch card!

craftyb said...

oh wow...this is just fab! Such a lot of love and effort has gone into this beautiful creation! thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Creations! bx

Sassy Scrapper said...

Carol WOW-WEE Your card is Amazing. So bright and vibrant. OMGosh I love it so much! Gasp... your butterfly is amazing hee hee Crayola markers your too cute. So much detail and tons of techniques. And wow the envelope is just as stunning as the card. sigh... Fabulous job my friend!
Hugs Bonnie

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh, Bearzi, this is too fabulous! Wow, wow, wow. Such pretty colors, such beautiful design elements. And that envelope --- whoo hoo! I didn't even know it was an envelope if I didn't read that!

Priscilla said...

Oh boy Carol..where do I start..did I count 6 butterlies? WOWZA.. You really have gone above and beyond with this card. It is a work of art my friend. One of the prettiest I have seen from you. I am not a big fan of orange but wow..I am now..LOL Your attention to detail and all that detailed soft sprinkling of glitter is just perfection on this amazing set. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU :)
Thanks for sharing your wonderful talent with the team, viewers and players of the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenges.
Priscilla

Phyllis said...

Carol!!! AWESOME! INCREDIBLE! GORGEOUS! OMG!! WOWZA!! Beautifully done my friend!! I love what you have done with this card. What wonderful details and embellishments!! This is just one of the most beautiful of all your creations and that is really saying a lot!! The envelope is stunning too!!

Phyllis MMDesign Team

Tracy Vinson said...

Hi Carol, you always go above and beyond and I cannot wait to get over here each week to see what you have done. Thanks so much for allowing me to learn from you...this is truly STUNNING!!!!!!!!!! Blessings, Tracy--MMDT

Janis Lewis said...

This is so beautiful! Love the detail. Thanks so much for playing in paper with us at Paper Playtime! :) Janis