Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Blue Birds of Happiness

Greetings Bloggers and welcome to my blog today. This card and envelope was made for a friend of mine whose Birthday is coming up soon. I have had this Bird stamp since the beginning of the year. With going to school and Design Team commitments, I haven't had a chance to ink this baby up until this weekend.


I have been hoarding two pads of K & Company Tom Coffey papers. Gosh it is so beautiful, I have hated to use it as you just can't find it any more!!! I finally cut into some sheets for this card. I got this Martha Stewart Bird and Twig PATP punch for Mother's day. I also used the Martha Stewart deep scallop punch for the corners and the MS Branch punch. The leaves are a sizzx die cut that I used a cereal box to create them as chipboard. Then I applied glue and glitter to them. I made the crochet flower and used a brown corduroy brad for the center.

The image was stamped with black stazon ink and colored with pencils and blended with baby oil. I used distress green ink for around the spellbinders label die cut. Then I glittered the edges with some crystal stickles. I added green rhinestones in the corners.H
Here is the inside of my card with the envelope again. I carried the embellishments to the inside of the card as well. I hope the Birthday Girl will enjoy this card. To tell you the truth, I hated to mess it up by writing my sentiment and name inside....lol. I almost sent it with a sheet of paper on the inside with my greeting and signature so that she could use the card again....but I decided not to...lol



This card has been entered into the following challenges:
Res-Q-Challenge - Close it Up (Stitching)
Aly's Sunday Challenge - Stitching
Cupcake Craft Challenge - Dazzle Us
Whoopsidaisy Challenge - Ribbons and Bows
Paper Play Challenge - Flowers and Sparkle
Pixie Dust Studios - Punch It Out
Pollycraft Monday Challenge - Ribbon & Bling
Stamp Scrap & Doodle Saturday - Handmade Embellishment

10 comments:

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Carol, what a gorgeous card. Love the image and the colour scheme is stunning. Thanks for joining in with my "dazzling" challenge over at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Whimcees said...

Hello!

My favorite kind of card! Lots of glitter and detail and beautiful colors! The inside of the card is exceptionally beautiful - I can see why you hesitated to write on it! :<) I know that the birthday girl will love this card!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

(Did you get my e-mails?)

Linnie said...

omw this is amazing i am loooving your little birds card
Thankyou for joining us at WhoopsiDaisy challenge
luv
linniexxx

Tami said...

WOW this is so pretty I love the way you used the around the page punch Thanks for playing at Aly's.

Lisa said...

This card is beautiful, inside and out! Thank for playing with Pixie Dust Studio this week!

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

This is gorgeous, such a nice job inside the card too. Thanks for joining the June WhoopsiDaisy Challenge.

valen said...

What a stunning card! Just artwork!Thank you for sharing it with us at SSDS this week.

Maria Therese said...

Sweet card!! Thank you for joining us at Pollycraft this week!

Denise said...

beautiful! I love the flower! Thanks for playing RESQ challenge this week!

Kylie said...

Just beautiful! Love all your gorgeous details and embellies. Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft this week.

Kylie ox