Saturday, September 24, 2011

Speedy the Cat's Friends Challenge-Things with Wings

Today's challenge at Mark's Finest Paper's is "Things With Wings". I chose this "Boo To You" stamp for the challenge and used some bats with wings for the challenge perimeters. Fun huh! I made this tag to go on a bottle of Bath and Body Works Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin hand soap. That stuff smells delicious. I made this for a gift.

The tree is a Sizzix die cut on a recycled box of cereal and glittered with Martha Stewart Licorice glitter. The Boo sticker is from last years Recollection collection. The bats were punched with a Martha Stewart punch and popped on dimensionals. The moon was cut with Spellbinders Round nestabilities. The ribbon (orange and green) are from Mark's Finest Papers-some fibers and gold ribbon were added for interest.

Thank so much for stopping by today. Hope you have a craft filled weekend!

10 comments:

Harriet Skelly said...

What an amazing tag Carol!! It is a gift in itself!

KarinsArtScrap said...

great and beautiful tag carol it's looking great.

greetings karin

angelwhispers said...

My word Carol what an amazing gift set I just love it!!! Need to dig all my Halloween out as I am addicted to the stuff!!! Chanelle xxx

Benzi said...

Super tag for your gift. I just love your tree and that die is calling me. Your cereal box is just thick enough to make that tree really stand up and have a good, firm look to it. Love it!!

Emily Keaton said...

Oh, that is SO beautiful!! What a great way to package a lovely smelling gift. Such a fun project, Carol!

- - Sheryl - - said...

love the glittered tree - fab!

nwilliams6 said...

Hey I got that box you sent - thanks, you are so great! I love this new creation. Cereal box? You can make anything - really. I need to get more glitter!!!!!

Winnie and Patty said...

Carol--this is fabulous!!! I never thought of bats when I was thinking things with wings, and how appropriate for this time of year!!!! Great job on the tag!!! Maybe you could do a tutorial on how you made it, as it would be great for Christmas too! TFS!!!! (See you previous post too!!!)

Janeen said...

Carol, oh how this cute packaging made me smile. Great work.

Country Mouse said...

Wow!!! Super cute soap project!!! :) Now I wish I had bought this soap last week! LOL