Monday, July 2, 2012

Angel Landing Bunny and Chicks


Tell me this isn't the most precious bunny and chick image you have ever seen.  This is from Angel's Landing.  I was just thrilled when Judi the designer asked me if I would be interested in working with this image, so she sent it to me for free.


My heart just melted when I saw this  bunny and chick cheek to cheek.  This is just precious.  If you check out Judi's Gallery at SCS here (Crafts is her SCS name), you will see the complete Copic Coloring guide.  Judi has made it super easy to color these.  I used her guide to color this and it was really easy and made me feel so proud of the results!
Hey Chickie (I know, I know, I am so corny at times) lets talk about the embellies.  So I have a spellbinders die to frame my image, a Cheery Lynn Flourish (Oh how I love that die), the spellbinders Rose Creations, Martha Stewart Punche around the page and the little chicks marching across the top of the card is also Martha Stewart.  Don't hate me for this, but about 3 years ago I picked it up for $2 cause no one wanted it.  Yikes!!!
Now this is a close up of the flowers.  I cut them out on velum, flipped them over and colored them with the lightest yellow copic that I used on the chick.  They I sprayed them with some sparkle spritz.

Here's a close up of the image.  Judi's instructions make me look like a pro huh!!!  I love how this image looks!  This is just perfect for Easter.  The softness of the velum flowers adds to the spring feel of the card.  Thanks so much for stopping by.  It's been a pleasure to have you visit me today!

6 comments:

Marisa said...

A breath of spring comes alive on this card, Carol. Love the images and the flowers are fabulous.

KarinsArtScrap said...

o what cute and a very beautiful card carol.

greetings karin

Benzi said...

Ooh, love those flowers and the darling chicks and bunny. Yes, you colored them perfectly.
Hope you're not suffering from the heat as much as we are. Yikes!!! BTW, I have my 'patience' cap on. YKWIM. LOL

Caroline D. said...

Sweet bunny and chicks! (Easter will be here again before we know it... shhhh). I love those vellum flowers... so gorgeous!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

This *is* a cute image. :) And you colored them like a pro! The shimmery yellow flowers had me mesmerized...had to read how you did 'em. I thought maybe you bought some Creative Inspirations Paints! LOL

Anonymous said...

were can i get the 1.1 ich oranments u used for the paper angels . cant find them here in va??? want to make for the nurses and other ladies , at cancer center were i get my treatments. can somebody help me ??? thanks email me at crystal.spaulding@aol.com thanks and god bless.