Sunday, September 8, 2013

CottageCutz Pocket Watch Beary Christmas Ornament

Yipee, today is reveal day for a special release  called "Homemade Christmas Gift Set" from CottageCutz.   There are 21 universal dies and 7 clear stamps in this box giftset.   Isn't this bear just darling.  You know I love my bears.  I can't resist his sweet face.
 To create this Christmas Ornament, I started with Tim Holtz Pocket Watch Die.  I cut it out about 5 times to get the dimension.  I cut the center out of four of the dies and layered one on top of the other.
 I cut designer paper for the inside and outside of the watch.  I stamped the little postal image from the Cottage Cutz Christmas Gift Set in the center.  I just love that little stamp.  I know I will be using it a lot for all my Christmas crafting.
 Almost all the embellishments were made from the dies in this gift set.  There is just so much you can do with them.  The flower was cut out three times.  I used my McGill Flower shaping tool to created the Poinsettia.  The leaves are the Winter Pine Branch.  The snowflake edging is the Winter Snowflake Wreath.  I die cut the wreath twice and cut it to fit around the pocket watch.
 The chain is created using a Martha Steward Border punch.  I just cut it so it would be rounded to look like chain and twisted it and attached the bow at the end.
 The little bear was paper pieced and some chalk applied to brighten up his sweet checks.  I used a white pen for the highlights on his nose and eyes.  Here are the dies I used:


Be sure to visit the other CottageCutz DT members for their reveals:
Carol-that's me
Vladka
Olena
Simona
Cheryl
Kathy
Frances


SURPRISE!!!!  Please be sure to follow the link to The CottageCutz Blog.  Leave a comment all three days and you will be eligible for a prize drawing of a Gift Certificate to use to build up that CottageCutz Die collection of yours at The Scrapping Cottage.  So go now-don't delay and leave your comment!!!

13 comments:

Andreja said...

Wow, this is soo cute! I like all details :-))
Hugs, Andreja

craftieodmae said...

You are so clever and amazing!!! I love all the die cuts, glitter, and the over all project!!!!

Simko said...

I love your beautiful Christmas ornament, Carol! What an awesome mix of dies and stamps from the new release Homemade Christmas Gift Set. They work so well together! You always inspire me with your gorgeous creations!
Hugs,
Simona

Benzi said...

Oh, this is 'you' for sure, Carol, with that precious bear. How adorable!!!

Love crafts forever said...

Hello Carol. My Goodness, it's being forever sins last time i visit you or anybody else. I stroll down to see all your projects. It was Oh and Ah and WOW!!! So so beautiful. thank you for the inspiration.
Hugs Nataliya

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is gorgeous Carol, so beautiful made.

greetings karin

Marisa said...

There he is in all his glory :) Such a cute bear and love the added bow and poinsettia around him. Fabulous use of the dies!!

Sherri said...

This is just the sweetest little Xmas bear! This would be a Xmas gift in itself it is so adorable!

Kathy said...

Carol, your ornament is just gorgeous!!! I love that little bear, he's so cute! Beautiful use of the dies! Blessings! Kathy

Olena said...

Just gorgeous!!!! I love all details! Great job! Olena

Cheryl Walker said...

Absolutely Darling!! Love all the details on this carol!! And that Christmas teddy bear is just too sweet!!! beautiful job!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Donna Ellis said...

OH OH OH! this could NOT be any cuter, Carol! totally darling with that little Teddy bear and the tiny bows in the pretty pocket watch. WONDERFUL Christmas decorations and name place cards! And that tiny little "beary Christmas" - hahaah tooooo sweet! and sparkly, too. We must have been blessed by the same sparkle fairy! hugs, de

nwilliams6 said...

This is precious! Love the bear - he looks so adorable in this fun ornament and all the great dies make this unbelievably wonderful! Wow! Everything is perfect! So you! So fun! Hugz!!!!!