Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Tim Holtz Inspired Gift Box with Altered Dollar Store Ornament

 Hello Crafters!!!!  Today I wanted to share a project created with one of those little Church ornaments that come from this years Dollar Store selection.  The church is so cute, I knew I would alter and create something with it.    
 The Church was alter with Sizzix Holiday Greens, and Yvonne Creations Poinsettia with little silver bead centers.  The flowers were colored with Tim Holtz Broken China Ink.  The Poinsettia leaves are colored with Peeled Paint.  I'm loving that forest behind the church.  It reminds me so much of the little white Churches here in the South.
 Don't you just love the Tim Holtz Sizzix Noel Sign.  It's just one of those go-to dies for Christmas Projects.  What makes it so wonderful is that you can cut it out on light weight chipboard for a sturdy little sign.  Hey Tim, do you think we could get a die like this that says "Believe" or "Joy".....lol
 Here's the back.  My church is mounted on a Dollar General Christmas Gift Box.  I picked up a whole bunch of them on clearance last year for 10 cents a piece.  I altered the box with designer paper inside and out to match the project.
So I was thinking when I was putting this together that this would make a wonderful gift for your Pastor and his wife for Christmas filled with candy or homemade goodies or even someone special in your church family. 
And........just for giggles......here's a pink one!!!  Haha.....I can't resist Pink for Christmas.  Isn't it pretty!  So I am off to make a "traditional" Christmas colored one next.  You know....plain ole red and green.....lol  I can show it to you in the next couple of days or so.    Many thanks to all of you for sticking with me in my absence.   I have been crafting and have lots to share.  Be sure to come back as I will be posting again soon.  Until next time.....Happy Crafting!

Challenges Entered:
Altered Eclectics-Anything Goes-Altered Art
Rhedd's Creative Spirit-Anything Goes-Altered Art
Just Keep Crafting Link-up-Anything Goes
The Crafter's Cafe Challenge-Use lots of Pink
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge-Anything Goes Christmas
Crafting from the Heart-Anything Goes
Sparkle N Sprinkle-Use loose glitter
Pile it On-Sparkle


19 comments:

SewPaperPaint said...

My jaw has fell on the floor! These are absolutely exquisite! I'd much rather alter one of these ornaments than (purchase) put together one of those die cut houses. I'm far too lazy (cheap) for that! Absolutely stunning inspiration and well done on picking up the boxes for a dime! Geeze Louise! Such a wow project. Hugs, Autumn

KarinsArtScrap said...

Hi Carol that was along time ago great to see your projects again and these are stunning.

Gr Karin

Sandra Wright. said...

Oh my..how fabulous are these..I want one...
Stunning entry for our challenge over at Altered Eclectics...

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Amazing as always!! Love it! I think I should go to the dollar store and pick up a couple to embellish! I have missed seeing your posts. Happy to see this post.
warmly,
deb

Lisaerica said...

Wow Carol, you've certainly made up for lost time as they say! They are amazing, I'm in awe trying to look at every book and cranny. I've never seen any of those church ornaments in my dollar store. I would love to get my hands on some of them. I love silver and gold, I bet they'd be pretty with those colors too. Glad to see you back crafting. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

America said...

WOW these are absolutely fantastic and brilliant Carol! Great to see posts from you!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Amazing projects. How creative and what an awesome idea as a gift box for a pastor. Love each and every one of your sparkly details. Thanks for joining us over at the Creative Challenge of Sparkle N Sprinkle.

craftieodmae said...

Absolutely Stunning!!

Sandra Wright. said...

Hello..I am back again,this time for Rhedd's Creative Spirit.
Your projects are stunning..I love them both,such a fabulous way to alter and decorate a box...
Thank you for entering our challenge this month...x

Julie said...

Your project is absolutely stunning! Thanks for joining us for Crafty Hazel Nuts Christmas Extra Challenge
Julie T

Sherri said...

These are just gorgeous!!! And I'm so glad to see you back again!

suzARTe said...

This is such a beautiful creation with so much detail and dimension, absolultely gorgeous.Thanks so much for sharing your creation at
Anything goes October link-up, Just keep on creating
Susan xx

Sammy said...

Oh these are both just stunning! LOVE them. Thank you for sharing with us at Altered Eclectics this month. Sammy-x

Keti's Projects said...

Gorjuss project. Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On. Keti (DT)

Puppy Kisses and Paper Dreams said...

W.O.W.!!!! These two cards are AWESOME! I love both colors, but the pink one is my favorite. This is so pretty. And, yes, why doesn't Tim come out with more sentiment dies??! Thanks so much for joining us at Sparkle N Sprinkle's Creative Challenge. -Chris, SNS DT

Helen said...

Wow - these are fabulous! Love them!
Thanks for playing at Pile It On!
Helen x

Belinda said...

What a beautiful card!! Thanks so much for joining us at Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge, hope you will join us again!
Hugs
Belinda
belinda-lovestamping.blogspot.com

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Totally beautiful. I can just the joy your creations will give. Thank you for joining in at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month.

Anne Temple said...

WOW THESE ARE AMAZING!! So glad you shared them with us for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge this month. Hope to see more of your fabulous projects in the future.