Monday, June 22, 2009

Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge-Sunflowers

Today's card is for the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge for week #6. Priscilla has some great prizes not to mention a wonderful talented design team. Just click on the link I provided above and go check out all the wonderful cards made with the sketch for this week. I invite you to come and join us for fun and creative mingling.

Now about my card. I think I am on a Sunflower kick right now...but that's OK it's summer right? Plus, your getting a break from the bears. lol Well in case you haven't noticed....I love to accessorize.....not only my wardrobe, but my cards....plus I love bling. I think our personalities come out in our creativity. So here is what I did:



  1. Stamped Rubber Stampede Sunflower design with leaves twice and colored with pencils and blended with baby oil, cut out and stickled just the flower petals.

  2. Stamped Hero Arts Sunflower stamp 4 times, colored with pencils and blended with baby oil, cut out 2 each of the whole flower , and cut down through the petals right to the center on the second flower. I cut off petals that didn't look nice. Then I stickled those petals waited for them to dry then glued in this order: 1 rubber stampede flower (it is slightly bigger) for the bottom, the whole hero arts sunflower in the middle, and the slightly trimmed down version on the top.

  3. I glued brown seed beads in the center of the flower and let that dry.

  4. Dots Sunshine and Sunflower Girl Stamp was stamped three times. I colored this and layered the hat, sleeves, and flowers for the 3-d look. I stickled everything that is yellow to match the sunflowers and cut her out.

  5. Used spellbinders nesties for the black and white layers behind her. I glued the white layer on top of the bottom black layer, I pop dotted the smaller black layer and pop dotted the girl on top of that.

  6. The lace strips are 1-1/4 x 11 (2 of each color) run through the Martha Steward Lace Border punch on both sides. This makes a perfect hole in the middle where I attached those gold brads you see. The amount cut is enough to do the whole card.

  7. I masked the sentiment so that only the Wishing You Sunshine is shown on the outside, but when you open the card, it says Wishng you Sunshine and Sunflowers all year 'round.
I really enjoyed doing this card. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks for all the comments and new followers. It sure is nice to have my work appreciated and it encourages me daily.

Carol

7 comments:

Orso Bear, Esq said...

I share your three passions. Especially the chocolate.
Sincerely,
Mr Orso Bear, Esq.

Michelle's Daydreams said...

What a beautiful card! I love the sunflowers! :) Thanks for playing the MMSC6 with us this week.

Priscilla said...

YEAH!!!!! She took me up on the offer to play with us :) Your card is just A-DOR-A-BLE!!!You are really good..all the extra details and layers really make this card. You are really good at the description too.. Thank you so much for sharing and of course THANK YOU for playing with us..Can you come out and play every week :){{said in a little girls voice}}

Denise @ kc242 said...

Very cute card! Love the image and the sunflowers! Good Job on the sketch challenge!

Anonymous said...

Your card is beautiful. I have been crafting cards since Christmas of last year and I am getting there. What I would like to know is do you make these cards just for the fun of it or do you sell them? Thanks for your reply, my email address is shtobalina@yahoo.com. Thanks again. Sue T

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Carol, this is gorgeous!! Love all the details and bling on this card....also love your teapot cards...you are very creative. I'm going to have to spend a little more time looking through your other creations coz I love bears too!!
Thanks so much for joining the midnight madness sketch challenge, I can't wait to see what you come up with next!!
Hugs,
Charlotte
MMDT member

Winnie and Patty said...

This is so cute. I love how you put the dew drops in the center of the border! Very nice touch. TFS--Patty