Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Sunfish Get Well Card


Here is a card I made to send to my husbands Uncle Frank who is currently in the hospital. I have had this stamp forever and have never used it. I was always afraid to tackle the coloring. I used my pencils to color, then I used linen colored distress ink all over it to tone down a little of the brightness. I put stickles just on the fish. I tried out the "Pixie" sewing machine to do the stitching. I need more practice for sure. I am not sure I like this machine yet. I need to do some more stitching. I am a seamstress but am not too happy with the results on this project. Thanks for letting me share.

Stamp: Whispers
Paper: Card stock and DP from Blossoms and Posies Stack
Ink: Black and Linen Distress Ink
Accessories: Ribbon, Spellbinders label die, Pixie Sewing Machine, Star brads

1 comment:

Winnie and Patty said...

ooooooooooooo, aaaaahhhhhhh! The colors are delicious!!!! Carol, you did a terrific job at coloring the card!!! Have you tried prismas & baby oil? Here's a link to a tutorial if you're interested. It's how I learned to use the prismas & baby oil. BUT, you did such a fantastic job on the card, you may not be interested! http://uselesscrafts.blogspot.com/2009/02/prismacolor-pencil-tutorial.html TFS!!!!--Patty