Monday, September 28, 2009

Fred She Said-A Lovely Blossom

Today's card just speaks of the colors of Autumn, my favorite time of year. I was thinking of a November Birthday when I created this as the birthstone for November is Topaz. My Dear Grandmother's Birthday was in November and she would have loved this card with it's warm topaz tones.

I have made this for four challenges today. The first is Opus Gluei which was to use sparkles. As you can see in my picture my flowers are just twinkling and I have 12 green rhinestones on this as well. The second challenge is The Cuttlebug Spot which was to create a Fall card. I love my cuddlebug and think I use it for every card I make. The corner treatments both inside and out of this card are from a cuttlebug die. The third challenge is High Hopes which was to make a Birthday Card. The fourth challenge was for The Pink Elephant which was to include a dots punch tag on your card.


These images are from Fred She Said. They are TOTALLY AWESOME...I kid you not. My card is made with the Yellow-A Lovely Blossom Just Flowers & Leaves. You can purchase these terrific digi stamps at Tracey's store here. I distressed inked them with tea dye ink because I wanted a warm fall tone. The squares behind the flowers are "wood cedar" paper. Yes, it even smells like the inside of my Lane Cedar Chest. I distressed inked the edges with just a touch of the tea dye ink. Isn't this terrific? You can get these wonderful papers at McMahon Five Designs. And, I saved up my allowance to get that classic lace border from spellbinders. lol
Here is the inside of my card. It made me think of my Grandmother today. If she was alive, I would have sent this too her.

Thank you for looking at my card today. I sure do appreciate your taking time to stop by for a visit. Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think. I do cherish your words of encouragement.

Carol

10 comments:

Sue McMahon said...

Carol! Look at what you did with that cedar paper! How rich and yummy is this card?!?!? Well done, girlfriend!

My grandmother's birthday was in April, but you know what...she would have loved this card too! Aren't Grandma's the best?

Are you going to let me add this card to my Idea Gallery on my website? Huh? Huh? Pretty Please? With Stickles on top? :)

Michelle Pearson said...

simply gorgeous! I love those flower of Fred's and you made them just gorgeously fallish! :)

Beth aka BR-T said...

What a wonderful creation inside and out! Beth aka BR-T

Jana said...

I am so impressed. Gorgeous card and you covered so many different challenges. WOW. Thanks for playing with us at Opus Gluei.

Unknown said...

A really pretty card!

Annie said...

Fabulous card thanks so much for joining us at the Pink Elephant.
Hope you'll find time to play with us again next week and good luck with the prize draw.

Ann xxx

Tracey Lynn 'Fred' Miller said...

This is delicious, Carol! Oh this cedar paper sounds intriguing!

Hugs, Fred

LORi said...

Stunning!! Thanks so much for sharing this week at The Pink Elephant!!!

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful card!! Thanks for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant this week!!

Sheri

Gini said...

Beautiful Card Carol. I'm so impressed with how fab it is on the inside as well!
You're a lady after my own heart with your love of glitter!
Happy Crafting!
Gini
xx