Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge #20

Happy Tuesday everyone. Welcome to my blog and my favorite day of the week because it is Midnight Madness Sketch ChallengeTuesday. The best challenge on the net!!! Please check Priscilla's Blog for all the fun happenings that are going on in the next month. You won't want to miss a single thing!!!

At this time, I would like to thank our sponsor for the month of September, DRS Designs, Inc. I have really enjoyed working with some of their stamps this month. Our sponsor for this week is Michelle's Scrapbooking & More. When you have a moment, please stop by her store and see all the wonderful products she has for your crafting needs.

Here is this weeks sketch for the challenge.
I had fun with this sketch. I haven't done a bear in a while and knew I just had to do something with one this week. Since fall is in the air, it's time to pair up my bears with seasonal items like this plump pumpkin and cute black cat. I took the liberty of flipping this sketch so I could do this paper piecing. My image has been cut out of card stock, inked on the edges and paper pieced with lots of pop dots and foam circles and squares. The corner pieces on the card are a DRS Design stamp F696 Daisy Corner that I embossed with gold EP and cut then popped for dimension.I embossed the background paper with a circles embossing folder, used EK Success border punch Fleur de Lis. I did some machine stitching around the outside of the card. My leaves were punched from metallic card stock. I had a few of these leaf brads left over from last year, just enough to finish off my card.

Thanks for stopping by today and checking out my blog. I appreciate and enjoy all your comments. May I invite you to join me at the Masquerade Ball this Friday Night September 25, 2009 at 7 p.m. at Split Coast Stampers for a Mini VSN. I am co-coordinator for this session of Virtual Stamp Night and am hosting the 9 p.m. challenge. There will be another Mini on Saturday, October 24, 2009 starting at 12 p.m. and the main event Friday November 13, 2009 starting at 7 p.m. and Saturday November 14, 2009 starting at 11 a.m. Should be lots of fun! Hope to see you there!!!

Hugs,
Carol

14 comments:

Denise @ kc242 said...

What a fantastic fall card. Your paper piecings are so well done. I really like your design! From beginning to end, this card is lovely!

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

WOW Carol, that little paper pieced bear is sooooooo cute with his pumpkin and kitty! I just love all the little details on this card, you've done an amazing job with it! When you enlarge the photo you get to see all the shine and embossing, and those eyelashes!!!! Beautifully put together!
Hugs,
Charlotte
XXX

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Carol!! Look at all the paper piecing and dimension!!! Phenominal job on this weeks sketch!! Love all the details you added!!

Michelle's Daydreams said...

Carol, I always love your bears. :) This one playing in the fall leaves is no exception! Lovely job with this weeks sketch. :) Michelle

Jessica G. said...

This little bear with his pumpkin tummy is just too cute, and so is his black cat buddy! Beautiful DPs and leaf punches, too!!

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Very very cute pumpkin bear and friend :) Your paper piecings are fabulous! Wonderful Embellishments too xox ~Jeni

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

LOL, A bear, what a surprise!! He sure is cute with this friend Kitty. What a great paper pieced Fall card, very colorful!

Anonymous said...

WOWZER!! Is this not just the cutest creation!!?? I love it!! Love the fun bear holding the pumpkin!! So adorable hun and great take on the sketch!! HUGS

Carol L said...

Awwww, what a sweet image! I love your furry pals hanging out together, and all the autumn leaves falling around them! Sweet!!!!

Priscilla said...

I am going to have to learn how to make these cute bears. Great take on the sketch and your card is just as sweet as can be :)

Shawne said...

Great piecing and demention Carol, this card is just adorable!

Unknown said...

what a bearyspecial card...so sweet and also wanted to thank you for popping in and leaving comments on my blog ..re my missing money..im everso angry still but nothing i can do and it of some help knowing others care..im sure it will sort it self as im no way connected with this ctt company whoever they are have googled it and not much comes up...so lets hope they dont take it as it in somewhat of a void space at the mo and wont know till 4th or 5th oct its not a massive amount..but i have to work hard to get it and for it to just vanish...well i wouldnt mind if id gone on a crafty big spend...but i just dont have a clue..sorry for wittering on....and thanks again hugs sassyxxx

Rosemary said...

Oh my goodness!!! How cute are these two guys?? Too cute! Amazing work!

Winnie and Patty said...

Oh how cute!!! I love the punched leaves & the leaf brads. And of course the BEAR and KITTY! Too cute. TFS!