Thursday, June 16, 2011

Fred She Said Humming Bird and Columbine

Greetings Blogger's I wanted to show you this fabulous image from Fred She Said called Hunning Bird and Columbine. Isn't this gorgeous. You can find this at the Fred She Said Store here. This is such a pretty color blue. I shaded my Beaded Oval Spellbinder die cut with Stormy Sky distress inks. I just love working with inks.
I loved this image so much that I made the matching envelope to go with this card. This is something I don't get to do to much any more because of time constraints-but I love making my own "highly" decorated envelopes...lol

Here is the inside of my card. The top decorated portion is actually a removable tag. You just have to untie the bow and take it off to adhere pictures to send to a loved one. Thanks for dropping in today. I am hoping to get to craft a lot this weekend. I won't be leaving the house due to asthma problems.

We are dealing with a major wild fire since April 28 in the Okefenokee Swap. The fire has now burned about 23 square miles, or 14,500 acres. It is now to the point that co-workers are moving parents out of homes for mandatory evacuation this week. We heard 50 homes had to be evacuated. It is about 40 miles from where I live. Every day it is smoky here. You breath it, you taste it, you smell it. Not good for those of us with asthma. Sometimes it looks like it is snowing because of all the ash-other times you don't see the sun because the sky is filled with smoke. It's gray and red and orange all at the same time. I am taking my camera tomorrow to take a picture to post here.

Challenges Entered
Delightful Challenges - Anything Goes
PaperCrafting Journey - Our Feather Friends
Southern Girls - Anything Goes
Stampin B's - Use a Border Punch
Crafts and Me - Bling
The Paper Shelter - Punches and Dies
Simon Says - Let's Play Bingo (diagonal shape, lace flower)
Scrap Creations: Going Grey - Anything Goes

21 comments:

Marisa said...

You have coloured your hummer superbly!!! Just love this little birds. They come up every summer and we can watch them from our living room at the feeder just 4 feet away! Gorgeous butterflys and borders too. Stunning card - inside and out!!

Hoping the fire is kept at bay and you stay safe (((hugs))).

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is gorgeous carol, what a coloring and colors your bird has wow.
hope it's getting better for you than carol with all the fire.

greetings karin

tootsie said...

Your card look absolutely amazing! Love the punch, your bird is colored superbly! Thanks for joining us over as PCJ.

Hugs,
Wendy

Benzi said...

Carol, this is another favortie of mine....all of yours are my favorites. Ha Love the shading around your hummingbird and the yummy colors you've used.
I'm so sorry to hear about your asthma problems. That has to be really hard on a person. The fires make me very sad and I sure hope they are under control soon.

Pat (mspfd) said...

I gasped when I opened this post! Truly a spectacular creation. So sorry about the wildfires. Hopefully the fires will be contained asap!

NancyD said...

Absolutely stunning card! All the colors and the coloring are superb. I am very sorry to hear about the fires. We have that problem here in the summer as well. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges. Nancy

Emily Keaton said...

How gorgeous, Carol! I'm so happy that you'll get in lots of crafting time this week (that's always so fun and restorative!) but I'm so sorry about the reason for it. I hope you are able to find some relief from your asthma soon. :)

Nannieflash said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nannieflash said...

Sorry had the wrong thing in my cut and paste. Fabulous card and thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxx

Colleen Dietrich said...

Carol, that fire situation is just dreadful and so very sad. It must be very dry there. I pray for rain for you all, sounds like you really need it. Your card and envelope are just gorgeous, and I know first-hand how amazing your handmade envelopes are!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Very pretty card!!!
Hoping that the fires burnout sooon. Take care!
Deb

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Beautiful cards...such cute images...thanks for joining us at TPS......

Hugs
Judith

Winnie and Patty said...

Carol--I saw this beautiful hummingbird card on SCS yesterday while I was at work, but couldn't comment. This is absolutely GORGEOUS! I love hummingbirds and this is so pretty! Just wonderful! TFS

sallysbitz2 said...

WOW, this is totally gorgeous.
Thanks for joining us this week @ Delightful Challenges & Good Luck x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

Purple Crazy said...

So gorgeous, thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges this week, Wendy X

pam124 said...

Carol, this is beyond spectacular and you certainly qualify for the StampinB challenge this month to use a border punch - and then some!! Your colors, details, sparkle always amaze me and it's magical from the front and inside of the card right down to the matching envelope!! LOVE IT! Thanks for joining the B's this week!

Frances said...

What a lovely card, gorgeous design. Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap Creations, hugs, Frances.

Jackie Randolph said...

Absolutely beautiful - love all the punch designs. Thanks for sharing and playing along with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

Valerie said...

Just stunning! I am speechless...

Cheryl Valadez said...

What a lovely card! Thanks for joining the challenge at The Paper Shelter this week! Hugz, Cheryl

Joanne (jojot) said...

such a beauty....thanks for playing with the Stampin B's