Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Fred She Said Sentimental Doodledallion

Well folks this is not my usual over embellished card upload. My dear Mom recently asked me for another stack of cards for her all occasion card box to send to family and friends. She is basically shut in and doesn't get out-but she loves to send cards (apple doesn't fall too far from the tree does it...lol) So I had to make these to fit an envelope for 44 cents not the $1.71 it cost me to send a card. I tried to keep them pretty basic.

The flower is from Fred She Said and comes with a variety of sentiments to use as the center for the flowers. I just used a Martha Stewart punch for the borders and distress inked the edges.

So these are going off to Mom in a box with some more chocolate (I will have to put ice packs in the box this time as it won't make it to Connecticut from Georgia with the heat and humidity here). My Mom is now down to 80 pounds. I might have to go up there and start feeding that woman peanut butter and milk shakes!!!

Thanks for stopping by. I have had computer problems since the weekend and haven't been around too much. I am borrowing a computer to post this. Hopefully I can catch up with everyone soon.

8 comments:

Sue said...

Pretty they are.....basic they are not. I love them all and your Mom and whoever gets one from her are going to love them also. Such bright fun colors and papers. You could never be basic.......!!!

Hugs
Sue

Love crafts forever said...

Holly Smokes Carol!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are crafting factory. LOL. I can't even tell what colour i like more. They are all gorgeous.
It's a beautiful gift set.
Hugs Nataliya

Cheryl Walker said...

Omgosh Carol you have been busy making BEAUTIFUL cards hun!!!! Love them all! I wish you were my neighbor then we could craft together. Wow Ive been looking at some of your past post too, and my goodness your cards are BEAUTIFUL, I would love to be the recipient of one of your beautiful artworks :)whoever receives them is very very lucky :)

I cant wait to see your chipboard album, I already know its going to be stunning!!! :)

Enjoy your night :)
Hugs,
Cheryl

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous as always carol, what a colorful cards, your mom is pleased with these cards you have made for her.

greetings karin

Pat (mspfd) said...

Bet you mom was thrilled with this super collection of cards! Awesome mix of colors and elements. Love them all!!

Benzi said...

Carol, you are such a sweet daughter. I know you Mom loves the cards you make for her. She will be so proud to send these beauties out.
Computer problems...ugh! Now, that is a real problem for us crafters. Hope you get it fixed really fast!!

Marisa said...

Love how you threaded the ribbon through the punch. Great set of cards which I'm sure your mom will love receiving and then sending out. Bless her for sending them all out - so nice to get happy mail from people and I'm sure it makes her feel good being able to do so :) I agree, you need to stuff her like a turkey to add a few pounds on to her.

Winnie and Patty said...

Carol--these are gorgeous!!! I just love them and so will your mom! TFS