Monday, August 19, 2013

CottageCutz Fancy Ornate Birdcage

 Yikes the weekend is over already and I was just getting started!!!  Today I have a CottageCutz card created with the wonderful dies from The Scrapping Cottage.  By the way, did you see the new releases-Halloween, Winter Wonderland, and Christmas Cheer.  Oh my goodness I am super excited about all of them.  They coordinate with last years releases perfectly!
 For this card I used 5 CottageCutz dies.  Fancy Floral Lace Border, Fancy Floral Background, Fancy Ornate Birdcage, Greenery, and Tea Time Doily.  Here's a tip.  My Tea Time Doily was used so much that it wasn't cutting properly.  I replaced the foam cover and now it is cutting like it was brand spanking new.  Replace those foam pads if you find your die doesn't cut like it used to!
 The Fancy Ornate Birdcage was mounted on the Tea Time Doily and a Team Time Doily was used as an embellishment behind these punched flowers.  The border around the outside of the card is a Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page set.
 The flowers were created with a regular 5 rounded petal punch.  They were stamped with an old Stampin Up text stamp I picked up at a yard sale some time back.  Then Victorian Velvet Rangers Ink was sponged on the petals. 
Thank you so much for dropping by today.  I hope you have a great week.  I will give you a sneak peek later on this week of what I have been working on all this time.  Take care and happy crafting.  Here are the dies I used:


11 comments:

Marisa said...

FABULOUS use of all those dies, Carol!! Gorgeous card :)

Donna Ellis said...

ohhhhh, be still my heart.... (smile) Carol, a beyond-beautiful creation. Love the way the fancy floral lace border is vertical on one panel and horizontal on yet another. Lovely soft DPs in the background providing hints of color and design. BEAUTIFUL background die cut layer. CCs are the darling-est, prettiest dies, but you do something magical with them, dear friend. Your heart sees them, and touches each piece so it is in the perfect location, working with all the other elements in making something gorgeous. The curly-petaled flowers look amazing - with the color choices and stamped image - with the glitz. I can imagine your loving hands creating those amazing flowers. The pink pearls are just right - do you color your own pearls? very pretty in every way imaginable, Carol. hugs, de

craftieodmae said...

Eye popping, jaw dropping, breathtaking GORGEOUS!!!!! Love every thing about it! The flowers are amazing!

Benzi said...

Good tip with the foam pad. Thanks for sharing that info. Your card is a beautiful creation. Love every die you used and the flowers are wonderful.

Sherri said...

This is just scrumptious! That doily just does amazing things doesn't it? And the touch of black just pops it all up so beautifully. Gorgeous!

nwilliams6 said...

So many lacey and pretty details. Gorgeous colors, pretty flowers, great die cuts, amazing work my friend. I love it but then I love everything you make. I can't wait to watch you work! Hugz - 42,000 of them (like the details on this card).

Unknown said...

This is absolutely breathtaking! I love the dimension in those flowers :)

Best crafty wishes!
Amber
Staying Crafty

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love all of the gorgeous dies together- and the flowers- fabulous!!!

JD/ Jill said...

So pretty! And this uses my favorite color combo!

Colleen Dietrich said...

You've got the most fabulous assortment of dies from CC now, don't you? I wish I had said 'yes' back when you asked me if I wanted to join! LOL

This creation is so elegant, I love it. :)

wannabcre8tive said...

This is absolutely gorgeous. I love the flowers.