Friday, May 1, 2009

Stamping at My House


My card is here at the left and Carole's is on the right.


My Card


Carole's Card

What better way to spend your day than sharing love for stamping and crafting with a friend. Today my friend Carole came over and we made these two cards. They are both from the "Ways to Use It" challenges for last week and this week on SCS. We had so much fun creating these cards. We shared stamps, ideas, friendship, and great conversation. We had tea and scones and later some diet soda. One eventful happening was the uninvited guest that showed up in the afternoon......a nice good sized lizard....ran right underneath my couch. Yuck!!! My husband and son came home, and, wouldn't you know it, they couldn't find it......could it still be out there somewhere???? Thanks Carole for brightening up my day. It was wonderful.

The first card was done with a stamp Carole had. We made the flowers out of soda cans. We punched the flowers out, colored them with sharpies, and added a rhinestone in the middle. The card stock was embossed with cuddlebug folders. We also punches fronds and branches from the Martha Stewart punches.

On the second card we used a magnolia flower stamp Carole had, along with heart nesties, and 2 different cuddlebug embossing folders. We stamped with gold pigment ink. Border punches were used along with the fond and branch punch.

This is a great way to see different interpretations of basically the same design and stamps. Carole and I hope to get together again sometime soon and do this again. I encourage you to get together with your friends and make and share your crafts and memories.

Carol

1 comment:

Winnie and Patty said...

These cards are so pretty & feminine! I like all of them. How do you make the soda can flowers without cutting yourself? Aren't the sides sharp? TTYL--Patty