Friday, July 24, 2009

Altered Christmas Ornament

Only a few more days left for "Christmas in July". I had to get another project in!!! There is a story to this ornament. Every year I was invited to decorated a tree at the Festival of Trees in downtown St. Marys to represent the bank I worked for. Well, since I have been laid off, I guess I won't be doing it this year. I bought a bunch of these at JoAnn's at their after Christmas sale dirt cheap because each year the tree was a different theme. So, I was fiddling around today and came up with this.

I traced the ornament on old cardstock to get my pattern. I used the Spellbinders Snowflake die, the Martha Stewart branch punch, ribbon, mini jingle bells and a gold brad. I distressed the edges of the paper and inked around the wood.

I'll be back digging in that bag from JoAnn's to see what else I have tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by and I really really appreciate your comments. They inspire me to keep going. Thanks so much!

2 comments:

Paula said...

Hi Carol...I just found your blog andf it is absolutely the cutest. I love bears, chocolate and all kinds of crafts too. I hope you dont mind if I link your blog on mine.Love the bear card. Adorable.

Winnie and Patty said...

Carol--this is so nice. It makes me want to start makeing Christmas cards!!!! And Christmas 3-D items. I may run out later today, so I'll have to see if Michael's has any wooden ornaments out now & CASE your idea! Thanks for sharing!!!! Patty