Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Lavender Crayon Resist Flower Card

Wow, I knew I was going to love that Spellbinders Sunflower die!!! You can do so much with it depending on how you ink or layer your flowers. I tried out the "Crayon Resist" technique which I watched on Stamp TV last week on these flowers. I like how the shading develops with this process. I made this card for the Color Challenge over at Split Coast Stampers yesterday. You were to use Lavender, Banana, White, Black, and Basic Grey. I cheated a bit as I didn't have a lavender ribbon that matched the lavender ink, and I just had to put some green leaves with my flowers.

Recipe:
Spellbinders Sunflower 2 Die
DP - A Formal Affair
Ink- Versa-mark Lavender Pearl
Stickles
Ribbon
Sentiment- From the $1 bin at JoAnn's

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my card. Comments are always welcomed and appreciated. See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

Winnie and Patty said...

Wow Carol--love the flowers! I'm going to have to pop over & watch the video on the crayon resist! They look like they're silk on the picture. The card is really lovely. You really should apply to be a designer for some of the companies looking for guest designers, etc!!!!! TFS--Patty

Anonymous said...

OMG! That is stunning!