Now about my card. I think I am on a Sunflower kick right now...but that's OK it's summer right? Plus, your getting a break from the bears. lol Well in case you haven't noticed....I love to accessorize.....not only my wardrobe, but my cards....plus I love bling. I think our personalities come out in our creativity. So here is what I did:
- Stamped Rubber Stampede Sunflower design with leaves twice and colored with pencils and blended with baby oil, cut out and stickled just the flower petals.
- Stamped Hero Arts Sunflower stamp 4 times, colored with pencils and blended with baby oil, cut out 2 each of the whole flower , and cut down through the petals right to the center on the second flower. I cut off petals that didn't look nice. Then I stickled those petals waited for them to dry then glued in this order: 1 rubber stampede flower (it is slightly bigger) for the bottom, the whole hero arts sunflower in the middle, and the slightly trimmed down version on the top.
- I glued brown seed beads in the center of the flower and let that dry.
- Dots Sunshine and Sunflower Girl Stamp was stamped three times. I colored this and layered the hat, sleeves, and flowers for the 3-d look. I stickled everything that is yellow to match the sunflowers and cut her out.
- Used spellbinders nesties for the black and white layers behind her. I glued the white layer on top of the bottom black layer, I pop dotted the smaller black layer and pop dotted the girl on top of that.
- The lace strips are 1-1/4 x 11 (2 of each color) run through the Martha Steward Lace Border punch on both sides. This makes a perfect hole in the middle where I attached those gold brads you see. The amount cut is enough to do the whole card.
- I masked the sentiment so that only the Wishing You Sunshine is shown on the outside, but when you open the card, it says Wishng you Sunshine and Sunflowers all year 'round.