Tuesday, July 28, 2009

4 Challenge Snowman with Lights

Christmas in July is still be celebrated here in Georgia. I think I am on a mission to get as many Christmas cards done in July as I can. This card was created for four challenges as follows:

Three Clovers Thursday Challenge #23 - Use Bling on your card- I have glitter, stickles, a snowflake charm, silver shiny snowflake brads, and rhinestones on the brad snowflake
High Hopes #41- Use Sparkle and Shine- same as above
Card Position System #126- Sketch Challenge...see below
Pile It On- Use watercolor technique and at least one other challenge.

I have been dying to ink this stamp up. It is a Stampendous Stamp called Snow Lights. I had wanted this for a long time and could never afford the price it was going for on Ebay. Well, a few weeks after Christmas last year this came up for bid and I won it for a reasonable price. I was so happy!!! I watercolored this with ink and a waterbrush, used the cuddlebug snowflake and swiss dot embossing folders, round nesties, spellbinders snowflake die cut, silver snowflake brads, rhinestones, Martha Stewart Glitter for the hat, stickles for the snowflakes and snowman. There is a little silver snowflake charm hangng from the bow. This card is so much prettier in person. But anyway, here is the sketch.


Thanks for looking at my card today. Why not join some or all of these challenges. Don't you love this sketch? It was fun so give it a try. See you tomorrow!

10 comments:

Jennifer Stricker said...

OH...so cute! I love the snowflakes! And that snowman! Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On!

Jennifer GDT@PIO

Sue from Oregon said...

oh wonderful card...I can see why you searched for this stamp...it is darn cute! Thanks for joining us for the first time...hope you will join us at 3CTC again!

Michelle said...

Adorable card, I love the stamp! Great job.

raindropecho said...

Aww cute snowman! Those snowflakes are GREAT and that snowflake charm was the perfect touch. Great job on this card and thanks for joining us this week :D
- Ann @ Pile It On!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Fun dry embossing elements. Wonderul job with the CPS sketch.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

~Denise Lynn~ said...

This is adorable! Love that image and your coloring. Thanks for joining in a Pile It On! ~ Denise :)

Winnie and Patty said...

Literally this card made me smile when I saw it!!! So sweet! TFS--Patty

Anonymous said...

hi carol!
I have that stamp and it is one of my favorites snowmen images I have! You did a gorgeous work with him and the watercolors!

Thanks for Playing with us @ Pile It On!

-- dalis

Maureen said...

Such a cute image and great watercoloring! Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On!

Deanna said...

Great card!

Thanks for playing!

Dee fr Pile It On DT