Thursday, July 23, 2009

MMSC#11 Holly Berry House Frame

Welcome to this weeks submission for the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. Isn't this a great sketch that Priscilla gave us to work on this week. Don't forget to head on over and follow her blog and play in the challenges for some great prizes. She has a guest designer spot, a SU Big Shot with goodies, weekly prizes and "WOW" some cash!!! There's lots going on, so don't miss your change at winning. Besides, there's some great people, talented crafters, and lots of fun!!!
This is my card submission for the challenge. I used a Holly Berry House Frame for this that I forgot I even had. The flowers in the middle of the frame are an Anita stamp. I made the Anita flowers dimensional and stamped them three times and pop dotted them. Everything was embossed with gold embossing power. I colored these images with ink and a water brush and I used my exacto knife to cut the center of the frame out. The flowers are from a Martha Steward flower punch and I used pearl brads in the center. I couldn't sew the gold embroidery thread with my sewing machine, it was just to thick. So what I did was used my machine on zig-zag to make the holes and then I just hand sewed the gold. I really enjoyed making this card. Thanks for stopping by and as always, I really appreciated your comments. Thanks so much.

15 comments:

Michelle's Daydreams said...

What a STUNNING work of art Carol! :) I really love the frame, the colors, the punched flowers... I think I'm going to go looking for some Holly Berry stamps. I'll bet they are hard to come by huh? This is just SO BEAUTIFUL!!! Michelle MMSC DT

Phyllis said...

This is amazingly beautiful, I love the colors, and all the embellishments that you have chosen to make this gorgeous, gorgeous creation. Those flowers are so wonderful and you have captured the sketch to prefection. Beautifully done.

Carolyn said...

What a gorgeous and elegant card. I love all the pretty gold, the borders, the pearls and flowers. It is all just stunning. Thank you so much for playing with us at the MMSC this week. Hope you will play with us again.

Carolyn, MMDT member
http://creativecardcorner.blogspot.com/

scrapperjulia said...

This is so beautiful! Love the colors, great card!

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Oh My, that is wonderful!!!! Thank you so much. WOW. I am lovin' it!

Thank you for playing at Midnight Madness, I hope you will enter again and again!!

Jane, MMDT member

Winnie and Patty said...

Using your sewing machine to make the holes is such a good idea. Not only is it faster, but you get even spacing. This is such a pretty card as I said over on SCS! I love the soft colors too! Another great job, of course!!!! TFS--Patty

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Carol, that gold sewing is super, using the machine to make the holes was a great idea! And not to mention your 3D centerpiece is fabulous, gold embossing is such a good idea.. I ought to try it sometime :) Thanks for sharing with us at MMSC, xox ~Jeni & MMSC DT

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Carol!! Love the gold and the frame you created!!! Great job on the MMSC sketch. Thanks for playing along with the Midnight Madness Team

Priscilla said...

Hi Carol, your entry this week is jaw dropping!! Just AMAZING!!!!..I love your gold stitching It all works perfectly. Thank you so much for playing our sketch challenge. I for one, look forward to the viewing the entries each week. I get so much inspiration and ideas from our players. Please think of some friends that you know that do not play our challenges, because we are going to have a "Refer a Friend" challenge coming soon with extra prizes ;) we are always trying to keep it fresh at the Midnight Madness challenge blog.
Priscilla

Denise @ kc242 said...

This is an absolutely beautiful card. Great job! Congrats!

Beth Norman said...

Beautiful work. Congratulations on your win!

Grace said...

Wow!!! This is fantastic~ and congrats on being chosen for the midnight madness masterpiece award~ You soooo deserve it with this entry!

Phyllis said...

Well Miss Midnight Madness Masterpiece that was some special card you made for our challenge. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. You always make such girly cards that appeal to me so very much. Congratulations on your award you more than deserve it!! Always looking forward to what wonderment she will create next!! Hugs! P.S. Your Thank You letter to the Design Team brought tears to my eyes and warmed my heart! Blessings to you and your family.

Carolyn said...

Congratulations on your MMM award!!! You totally deserve it! Wonderful, wonderful entry. It is always such a pleasure to come over here and see your lovely creations. I can't wait to see the next one!! Enjoy your award :)

Hugs and Blessings to you!
Carolyn, MMSC DT

Julie said...

Congrats on your award, your card is stunning. The gold stitching and the flowers are brilliant, the whole card comes together so well.
Julie x