Thursday, August 4, 2011

Gingerbeary-Does Gingerbread

Greetings to all of you and welcome to my second Christmas card of the year. Yes, I did say second-I made a Snowman in January of this year so technically this is my second. This card came about because of the Tea pot Challenge over at SCS. Our challenge was to use a Gingerbread image. Well that wasn't hard for me as I love Gingerbread!!!
Here is the card and matching envelope together. If you can't tell how much I love Gingerbread after this card-there is no way I will be able to convince you....lol This image is from High Hopes called Gingerbread Couple. I bought this from Stamp & Create with a gift certificate that I won from the challenges I play....how cool is that. I love this stamp!See what I did with the stamp. I cut it in half and use the girl on the bottom and the boy on the top....pretty cool huh! This is the sentiment on the inside:
Cookies and cocoa
and gingerbread spice...
Hope your holidays
are full of
everything nice.

These are the removable tags out of the pocket. One is a Gingerbread Recipe and one is a Gingerbread Cookie recipe. Both of these are stamps that I have collected. Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you are inspired to make some "Gingerbread"!!!

Challenges Entered
Crafty Sentiments - Christmas
Delightful Challenges - Stitching(Real or Faux)
Paper Play - Christmas in August
Amber's Crafts and Stuff - Sparkle and Shine
Cooking It Up with Katie - Recipe: Something new, Something old, one of your favorite things/technique (Something New-My Stamp, Something Old-That Peppermint wrapped in cello I made 3 years ago, My favorite things Gingerbread Anything!!!)
Crafts and Me - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp - Christmas In August
Christmas Cards All Year Round - Use 4 from Recipe(Ribbon, Stripes, Stamping, Inking)
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge - Show Some Festive Food
Sweet Stamping - Christmas in July
Totally Gorjuss - Christmas in July

21 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

How absolutely adorable

Cheers
Sonia
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Becky said...

This is awesome..Fabulous colors.

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow it's wonderful beautiful card carol the inside is great to.
beautiful done.

greetings karin

Hazel said...

This is a totally yummy card - that bow is gorgeous - I love everything about it. Thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 31 - now that you've started making your Christmas cards perhaps you'll join my new challenge that starts tomorrow. x

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wowza! Talk about gingerbread fun. Not only a fabulous design with all the trimmings but recipes too. It doesn't get better than that!

Ciska said...

Wow, gingerbread overdose! :) Great card and envelope though, I might actually bake some gingerbread soon again, I've got the best recipe ever! ;)

Marisa said...

Loads of gingerbread fun on this card. Love the happy couple :) I love the smell of gingerbread but alas am allergic to ginger so can't eat it - you'll have to eat mine for me LOL! Great set and wonderfully done. Have a great weekend.

Katie said...

Gorgeous card, love all the Gingers!
Thanks for Cooking It Up With Katie this week :)

Rachel said...

Wow! Soooo cute! I'd love to get one of these in the post! Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin this week. Wedgie xxx

camcraft said...

Oh My .. so beautiful in every way. That is indeed a labour of love .. the recipient is going to be sooo thrilled to receive.
Carole x

Bernie said...

How absolutely adorable the only thing missing is an actual Gingerbread Cookie.
Blessings Bernie

Morgan said...

Wow, this is gorgeous!

Colleen Dietrich said...

I had a feeling you liked gingerbread, Gingerbeary! This is just like something magical you'd see at Santa's workshop. Even all the punching trims look like fancy icing!

CraftinGranny said...

Truly amazing and fun card. I love all the details, your coloring, and wonderful recipes. The mint is the icing on the cake. Good luck in the challenges as this is a winner in my book. Thanks so much for joining us at CCAYR with this gorgeous creation. Have a fab weekend! "Love & Hugs" Carol

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Just stunning, love the gingerbreads peoples so sweet & the embellishments & the LO are all just fab!

Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments & Delightful Challenges this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Larelyn said...

Oh my, this is just the cutest card. All the 'gingerbread' accents and the stitching are just perfect for the adorable image. Thanks for sharing at DC.

Clare Lloyd said...

what can i say? a stunning card and what a fab image no wonder it is one of your favourites. thanks for joining us @ CCAYR. x

SusanLotus said...

Really gorgeous Christmas cards!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

So many goodies on this card!! In LOVE everything about it! : )

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!
-Sarah

Carolina said...

Very pretty and lovely christmascard. Thank you for cooking it up with Katie this week

Whimcees said...

OMG Friend!

I love this so much! The colors are wonderful!

I hope that all is well with you!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane