Friday, August 19, 2011

Mark' Finest Paper Challenge 69-Just Dandy

Hooray for weekends. Don't know about you but I am looking forward to the down time and a few swims in the pool. The challenge this week at Speedy's Friends is embossing either heat or dry. Please go to Mark's Finest Papers Blog to get all the information and to load your card.

My image is called Just Dandy from Mark Finest Papers and you can find it here. Isn't it fantastic! I did both heat and dry embossing. I just had to see if I could make a Dandelion to go with my image and it worked out pretty well. I used a cuddlebug quilling die to make it. This card measures 5x6-3/4". Pretty odd huh. Well truth be told I started with the image and worked down to the card. I usually start with the card and work up to the image.

Thanks for stopping by today. I appreciate your visit. Hope you have a great relaxing weekend!

10 comments:

Marisa said...

Just loving that border punch tyou used to frame the card adn the bling on it as well as the fabulous way you used that nestie shape! Wonderfully doen as always :)

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful card carol, love the dandelion.
great color combo.

greetings karin

Winnie and Patty said...

Carol--I love you blue dandelions!!!! This cards colors are so stricking! It just jumps right off the screen. I just love it. I may have to CASE this as best I can. Gonna have to ink up those stamps this afternoon! TFS

Janeen said...

Carol, you ARE certainly creative. Love your handmade dandelion and isn't it great when you are an artist you can make your cards any size you want. LOL.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I love the blues and blacks together! WOnderful framing with the punching!

Benzi said...

Carol, your dandelions are gorgeous in blue. Hey, you gotta work it how you gotta work it. :-)
I used that patp today and ended up having to throw my card away. It wasn't the punch..it was fine, but a die that I had problems with. What a lot of wasted time. I went another route and that card came together quickly. Whew!
Anyhooo, you card is spectacular!!

Love crafts forever said...

OMGoodness Carol!!!!!!! I love that flower on your card. And black colour on your card so gorgeous. It's pop-up all card.
Hugs Nataliya

Marlena M. said...

Love the blue touches and wonderful filigree. ;)

Colleen Dietrich said...

I clicked on the photo so I could see your handmade dandelion better, and it really does echo the stamped one! Very cool. Hope you had a good time swimming on the weekend, and relaxing. Still pretty hot down South, I'd bet. We're finally getting some 80 degree days!

Payne Holler Cards said...

your flower is a perfect match! love the borders!! always so much to look at in your gorgeous work (-: