Thursday, November 26, 2009

Broken China Snowflake Card

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I am in-between basting the Turkey and decided to start sharing more of my projects. I am a little behind on my postings here. So for the next few days, keep checking back as I will be posting a lot of my cards that I recently made.This particular card was made for one of the Challenges over at Split Coast Stampers for Virtual Stamp night. I volunteered to be a CO for VSN and have learned the behind the scene things that go on. It has been a lot of fun.I used the Spellbinders Fleur de' Lis Die cut for this as well as their Snowflake die. I am not sure if the Snowflake dies are number or not but it is one of the new ones for this year. I have last years snowflake which I really liked, but this one is my favorite and I am making it over and over....you will see more of this....I promise...LOL You can see my embossing really well in this picture.Here is the inside. I used Rangers Broken China distress ink....oh how I love that color...perfect for this. I am getting into inking lately....the more I do, the better I like it. Of course, there is lots and lots of glitter on this....another favorite accessory for me!!! My rhinestones were awesome match!You can see my snowflakes on the envelope that I made to go with this card. The tag is from Spellbinders called "Fancy Tags". Another one of my favorite dies.
Thanks for stopping by today and viewing my work. I hope you find some inspiration here that you can take to your creative table. As we reflect upon Thanksgiving and think about all we are thankful for, I will pass on how thankful I have been this year for finding so many wonderful friends that I have met on the Internet who love this craft as much as I do. What inspiration and beautiful work I have viewed and been inspired by. You are all amazing.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Carol

4 comments:

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Happy Thanksgiving Carol! My you've been such a busy lady, don't know how you find the time to fit it all in! I just love this snowflake card, and like I told Carolyn I've seen that gorgeous fleur de lis die cut so much lately (need to find myself one too!!), and it always makes such a stunning effect.
Your details, as always are just perfect, the dry embossing, colors, embellishments...wow! You are so talented!
Thanks so much for inspiring me! I will definately be back to see more of your creations.
Enjoy your turkey!
Big hugs,
Charlotte
XXX

Whimcees said...

Another beautiful card! Happy Thanksgiving! Wishing you a wonderful day with your family!

Barbara Diane

Winnie and Patty said...

Happy Thanksgiving Carol & Family! Carol, this card is just beautiful. I love the colors and textures, and everything about it. I hope your day was very happy & I look forward to talking with you soon.

Sue McMahon said...

Another Beauty!!!