Sunday, November 29, 2009

Stampin Up Snowman Christmas Card with Ornament

Let me just say that I love the colors in this card. I was in Michael's a week or so ago and came across Sweet Dreams Holiday Avenue by My Mind's Eye and I love every sheet in that pad. I inked the edges of this with Perfect Plumeria and glittered everything.You can see some close up's here of all the details...don't you just love that little snowman on the bow. I was so happy to see Martha Stewart put that heart border punch on her regular line. I had been admiring everyone who had and used that punch forever....one of my favorites. This stampin up guy is so cute. I am sure he came with other stamps, but I don't have them. I bought this second hand before I knew to much about Stampin Up products, but I pretty much do my own thing anyway.Here in the inside of my card, I have made a Christmas ornament for the recipient to use on their tree. I used the Spellbinders snowflake die to make the snowflake and attached it to a store bought plain white snowflake. So pretty!!! I want to make thousands of these!!! LOL I just love them!Just a close up to show how pretty this snowflake is. It will just "pop" right off the card easily.The envelope was made to match this card and stamped with one of my favorite snowflake stamps.Hope you have enjoyed viewing this creation. Are you done putting up your Christmas decorations yet??? I am loving the Christmas lights, playing Christmas music while I craft, and burning my Christmas scent candles. It has turned cool here, so I am sneaking out at night by myself and going in the jacuzzi before going to bed. It is wonderful looking up at the stars at night and seeing all God's beautiful handiwork. Since I live out in the country, it is pitch black at night and I love being outside gazing at the stars and watching the planes fly over my house on the way to the Jacksonville airport. It's so relaxing. Have a great day!

Carol

3 comments:

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

My word you have been a busy lady Carol! I haven't made any cards over the Thanksgiving break and am ready to start tomorrow when my little one goes back to school. Don't you just love this colder weather...we actually have 66 degrees right now which a wonderful change for Miami weather!
Your cards are amazingly detailed and I just loved the old fashioned Santa one and this cute snowman with sparkling snowflake...just gorgeous.
Enjoy your peaceful evenings in your jacuzzi!
TFS all of your talent.
Hugs,
Charlotte
XXX

Winnie and Patty said...

Where do you start with this card: the snowman image itself, or the beautiful colors, or the inside, or the snowman on the bow, or the glitter, or just where???? This card is beautiful. I think it's one of my favorites! Thanks so much for sharing it with all of us!

Catherine said...

Hello Carol,
What a nice day for me..I just wandered into your blog. Your work is gorgeous, especially the stiching. An important thing I notice always is the attention payed to detail, you have an eye for it. Beautiful work indeed!