Saturday, November 28, 2009

Vintage Santa with Matching Gift Tags


Hi everyone. I thought I would treat you to one of my Santa's from my Boyds Folkstone Santa Collection. This one is called Electronick...LOL You may be seeing more of these in the future as I take pictures of my Christmas Cards. Isn't he cute. He is testing out the Christmas lights to see if they are working....can you relate to this? Sometimes I get frustrated and just go buy new ones!!!!I love vintage Santa's!!! Today's card is a wonderful right jolly ole elf! i did this with black accents which really brings out the red.Here is one of those feathers that I have found I love to use on my holiday cards. The corners are a sizzx die. I did stitching on this and the center die under Santa is the Spellbinders Pendant Die Lattice.Here's another closeup view of all the details. The Merry Christmas is actually a sticker.
The inside of the card has matching detail. I sewed this pocket to hold the matching tags I made.
I got this To/From stamp from the $1 bin at Michael's. I just love that stamp and have been using it a lot.The three tags fit nicely in the pocket and it doesn't make the card too bulky.This is the envelope I made and gold embossed with the same stamp that I gold embossed on the tags.

Hope you are having a great day. I would appreciate know what you think about this. I value your comments and suggestions!

Carol

3 comments:

Winnie and Patty said...

Very beautiful, and I agree, the black really sets off the red. This is an adorable Santa card. TTYL Patty

Whimcees said...

Wow and Wow! I love the idea of the tags inside the card - I will be CASING this if it is ok with you! :<) Beautiful card - the inside is like another card it is so lovely!

Barbara Diane

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Just breathtakingly beautiful Carol!