Friday, November 27, 2009

Golden Christmas Tree Card

Happy Black Friday Everyone!!! LOL I am getting up at 4 a.m. this morning so I can be in line to get some good deals on Christmas presents for my boys. I am a little insane.....yes....but, hey, what to heck. It is a tradition with my husband and I. We really have to watch our budget this year anyway, so we will take advantage of the sale.Today's card was made for a Challenge at Splitcoast Stampers during Virtual Stamp Night. Would you believe that this is a Christmas ornament that I carved up? LOL Really, it had a star on the top which made it too big for the card. I also trimmed some of the stump off the tree trunk.I made this flowers with some punches I have. They have gold colored rhinestones in the center and lots of stickles for shine. I embossed the panels with the swiss dot embossing folder. I used the Classic Lace Bordabilities.The corners are a cuddlebug die cut that I cut in half and again I used a cereal box to cut them out so they would be like chipboard and I filled them with glitter.Here is the inside of this card. I gold embossed the tree you see here. I thought this sentiment stamp was perfect for the glitz and glitter of this card.Thanks for stopping in today. I really appreciate it. This ornament came from the $1 section in Walmart. They had several different colors. If you wish to try this, it does snap apart. So you can carefully pry it apart and trim with a regular pair of scissors. I would love to hear what you think about it!!!

Carol

3 comments:

Our Little Inspirations said...

I think this card is fabulous.........like all the cards you create! I'm taken with this color combo, and the tree looks fabulous on that delicate die-cut background! Every detail is fantastic, and I hope you and your DH got in on some great deals after getting up so early to go shopping!

Sue @ McMahon Five Designs said...

Why is it every time I come here the first thing out of my mouth is....ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?! This is just crazy cool! WOW!

Sue

Michelle ~ daydreams505 said...

This is wonderful Carol! I'm taking some inspiration from you too.... Today, while decorating trees for my job, I kept saving the old broken bits and pieces of ornaments... all the while thinking they could somehow be used in a card! LOL! :) What fun! Michelle