Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Heartfelt Creations Wednesday

 Welcome to Heartfelt Creations Wednesday.  I was inspired to make a teal card by one of my Punchkateer Friends.  So I found this designer paper in my stash and used teal as the main color.  I have to tell you how much I enjoy making my own flowers.  These were so fun.  I loved the fact  that the leaves in the stamped image match the leaves in the Spellbinders Carnation Creations die.  So it was easy peasy to embellish this card.
 Here is a close up of the pretty flowers and the embossed heart. 

  Other:  Spellbinders  Classic Heart Die, Cuttlebug Basket Weave Embossing folder, Martha Stewart Decorative Heart Edge Punch Around the Page,  Martha  Stewart Large and Medium Butterfly Punch, Crimper, Rhinestone, Ribbon, Crystal Stickles, Recollection Pearls,  Rangers Antique Linen Distress Ink, White Cardstock and designer papers.

 
For my second card today, I was thinking about my husband.  Last Saturday was the last day of deer hunting season here in Georgia.   Believe it or not, one of the deciding factors for our moving here were the beautiful sunsets.  The sky turns red just like this on some nights.  It is so beautiful.  So that was the inspiration for this card.


HCPC 3445-Mystic Hideaway PreCut Set
Other:  Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Rectangle-large, Sizzix Tim Holtz Bigz Snow Tree Die, Sizzix Tim Holtz Textured Wood Grain embossing folder, twine, Martha Stewart Branch Punch, Martha Stewart Deer Punch, Rangers Distress Ink (Spiced Marmalade, Fired Brick, Mustard Seed, Peeled Paint, Vintage Photo), twine, Designer Paper, and Matching Card Stock.

Thank you so much for dropping by today to view my card. I hope you have enjoyed your stay. Please be sure to visit the Heartfelt Creations Blog to see the design team members projects. 

16 comments:

angelwhispers said...

Carol let me start by saying I'm so sorry for not popping by for so long but I've not been very creative for a while but since new year I am trying to sort myself out!!!

I have missed so much and let me tell you everything I have looked at is just as divine as always!

Loving these two card especially the teal one the colour is just so lush and your handmade flowers are just so perfect!

Love & Hugs Chanelle xxxxx

Benzi said...

Now, just what Punchkateer was that? :-) It was a great idea and your flowers are so pretty. Gorgeous card. The second card is awesome....I've seen that sunset here in Alabama and it is beautiful.

Marisa said...

Loving the flowers on the first card, Carol! Teal is such a great colour and you have made them shine. Lovely heart frame around the image and of course, I"m loving the butterflies too. Great card for your hubby! The stitching is great and love the scene you created. Great work on both :)

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful card and flowers.
love the color that you have used carol so bright.

greetings karin

Becky said...

Both of these are gorgeous..Beautiful flowers

Judi said...

I love all the rich, warm colours you use in your cards. I am especially taken with the teal and golden tones in the floral card. Great job.

Lisa Lynne said...

Beautiful projects! Really creative layouts.

Emily Keaton said...

Both of these are just lovely, Carol. Your teal flowers really stand out, and that sunset couldn't be any more lovely!

Lisa aka Raining said...

So gorgeous! I love the beautiful flowers and colors!

Cibele Glazer said...

Love the colors on the second card but I have to tell you, I will be CASEing a version of your first card! Fabulous idea to stamp inside the heart!!! And all the texture...just gorgeous!!

Sassy Scrapper said...

Oh my love this is my newest favorite color turqois I just love love love it. And these colors on your card work together so beautifully. Looks like a garden of happiness. Just what I needed on this cold day. I have to say hun your have a real nack for working with colors, that's one of my biggest issues is what goes with what. I should have paid more attention in art class instead of passing notes. lol
OMW and on the second card wowee it's a real stunner. Your poor hubby with hunting season over, I hope he had a good season. Oh how I would love to sit with you and watch those gorgeous sunsets. I love how you placed those beautiful pine trees. Gorgeous dauling!!!
Hugs Bonnie

Caroline D. said...

Both cards are beautiful... so bright and cheery with the colors you used! So many nice elements to take in!

Sassy Scrapper said...

Oh my love this is my newest favorite color turqois I just love love love it. And these colors on your card work together so beautifully. Looks like a garden of happiness. Just what I needed on this cold day. I have to say hun your have a real nack for working with colors, that's one of my biggest issues is what goes with what. I should have paid more attention in art class instead of passing notes. lol
OMW and on the second card wowee it's a real stunner. Your poor hubby with hunting season over, I hope he had a good season. Oh how I would love to sit with you and watch those gorgeous sunsets. I love how you placed those beautiful pine trees. Gorgeous dauling!!!
Hugs Bonnie

Cheryl Walker said...

I LOVE the colors on your first card it is BEAUTIFUL!! Love all the details and the sketch you used!!! You did a beautiful job on both of them, and love the scenery on the second card, its beautiful tooo!!! awesome job hun :)
Hugs,
Cheryl

Love crafts forever said...

Wow! two stunning cards! I love Blue colours on first one, and amazing scan on second one.
Hugs Nataliya

Colleen Dietrich said...

How romantic that you two chose your current home based upon (among other things) the sunsets! What a fantastically personal card, then, that you've made for him. Bet he loved it.

And the forget me not card (is that what the flowers are?) is so bright and beautiful, and I love the shimmer on those handmade flowers.