Sunday, January 15, 2012

Red Sox Fan Meets Yankee Fan

There comes a time when you have to put the rivalry aside and make a card that will certainly brighten up a Yankee Fans day.  I grew up watching and loving the Red Sox because of my Dad.  He was a die hard Red Sox fan.  Now in my house we have two Red Sox Fans and two New York Met Fans. 
This card is going to a 9 year old boy who has had a brain tumor removed just before Christmas.  He is the son of one of my punchkateer friends.  I have had this idea for a while but no time to put it together.  I finally did it this weekend and will be sending this out on Tuesday.

 I had my son look through some of his baseball cards and came up with some Yankee Baseball cards to include in this card.  I wanted a cool way to include them.

So what I did was take some A2 cello bags and layered them together and sewed them into the inside
of the card on top of where I will be writing my greeting.  I showed it to my boys and they thought it was cool.  I am hoping for the same reaction from my recipient.  What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by today.  For those of you with tomorrow off-enjoy your day.  I have to go to work but I have lots to do...I need to be there...lol  See you soon!!!

Challenges Entered
Totally Gorjuss - Use A Star

9 comments:

Marisa said...

This is too fun!!! Love how you captured the Yankee fever and what a nice touch to add some cards.

Benzi said...

Carol, I know who this is going to and that complete family, not just Chris, is going to go wild for this one. You're really going to cheer up this little boy. And, sending him some baseball cards is the 'bestest'

Emily Keaton said...

YES, this is definitely cool!! What a great way to cheer up Chris--he'll love the Yankees theme. Great thinking, Carol!! You are the best. :)

Love crafts forever said...

Hi Carol. That is so nice of you. Little Boy Will Loooove this surprise. It's looks just amazing.
Hugs Nataliya

marsha said...

This is fabulous Carol, what a great Yankee's card design and extra special to also be sending baseball cards!
Hugs,
Marsha

KarinsArtScrap said...

a great looking card carol.

greetings karin

Anonymous said...

Great fun card love your sewing the Baseball cards inside too! great idea! Thanks for joining us at Totally Gorjuss this week, see you soon! hugs Samantha :0)

Kym Weber said...

Wow! This is absolutely fabulous! Awesome idea with including the baseball cards from the 9 year old favorite team! What a keepsake! The card was done wonderfully! I'm sure he'll love it and treasure it forever!

Cheryl Walker said...

Awww Carol he is going to LOVE this card,and that is sooo sweet of you!!! Beautiful job sweetie!!
Hugs,
Cheryl