Wednesday, December 19, 2012

CottageCutz Merry Moose-mas

Don't you just love Christmas Lights.  I remember when I was younger my parents would take us to the city to view the Christmas lights.  They would be strung from light pole to light pole over the streets and it was so beautiful.  When I decided to use the Moose for my card I couldn't help but want to string these Recollection sticker lights around my card to coordinate with the lights that decorate the Moose antlers.   The Moose has been popped up on an embossed Spellbinders die cut.  A couple of Recollection flowers, green glitter leaves, and a Recollection sentiment and this card is ready to "light" up someone for Christmas.  Fast, Fun, and Fantastic.  It doesn't get any easier than that.  Here is the die I used.

Isn't he just cute.  You can get yours here.   He was so much fun to die cut and put together.  A little Brush Corduroy distress ink and he was good to go.  I loved assembling the lights on the antlers-that was fun.  Thanks for stopping by today to see my creations.  Merry Moose-mas!

10 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Carol! Your little mouse looks like he is enjoying a wonderful time decking the halls and even himself in the process. Such lively colors and layers, as always, treat my eyes on your card. I especially like the glittered flora - wonder if he looks as glittery as my german shepherd when he visits the crafting studio? The embossed background looks amazing. Thanks for sharing your memories. We used to drive to visit neighborhoods where Christmas lights spectacular when I was younger, and took our son, as well. ((holiday hugs))

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous!!!!

Shea said...

Carol, this is a GREAT card! So colorful and fun. Love how you used the lights around the edges! And I love all the other elements as well. This might be what you call a "quick" card, but it looks like it took hours to make! And we still go look at lights, only now we go by horse-drawn carriage so that hubby doesn't have to drive and can enjoy them too! Merry Christmas sweetie!!

Marisa said...

This guy is ready for Christmas :) Love the string of lights around the outside.

KarinsArtScrap said...

super cute and lovely card Carol.

greetings karin

Caroline D. said...

How cute is this guy!?! He reminds me of Marty Moose at Wally World on Nat'l Lampoons Vacation...love that movie and the moose. Your card is beautiful and it's cool how you used the light string to match the cute ones on his antlers. Such a fun die cut! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and that Santa will extra good to you this year!

Kathy said...

What a cutie this guy is! I have always loved moose for some reason! They're so cute and this one is adorable! Blessings to you and Merry Christmas! Kathy

Shelly Schmidt said...

The Christmas lights are awesome- love the Moose. What a fun and festive Christmas card: )

Marisa Job said...

What a beautiful Christmas card!!! Love the bright, happy colors!!

Benzi said...

Just adorable, Carol. I love that fun moose and all those lights strung around your card...so Christmas.

Merry Moose-mas!