Sunday, December 2, 2012

Hunting in the South Georgia Wilderness

This is the view from my husband's perch in a tree stand while hunting in the Georgia wilderness this morning.  I think it is just beautiful out there.  Along with this picture he sent me a sound clip of a hawk that flew over his head.  It was so beautiful to hear that hawk's calling in the silence of the woods.    My husband is going to build a hunting condo and when it is finished I plan to go with him hunting.  What a view I will have!  Disclaimer:  No deer will be harmed while I am in the tree stand.  I do not have the heart to shoot an animal.  It just is not in me.

7 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Beautiful view and how special he sent you a sound clip. A hunting condo is a neat idea - I would go if my DH would get some mosquito netting, a heater, and a comfortable seat! TFS this special view. Hugz!

Sherri said...

I am like you! I could never shoot an animal. You can just go & enjoy the beauty & peace!

Marisa said...

What a beautiful picture of nature. I'm with you, shooting would not be in the cards unless I was starving to death.

Sparkly Engineer said...

My husband went hunting for the first time in his life this year and came home with a small deer. I don't think he ever enjoyed anything more than tromping through the woods with my brother.

Caroline D. said...

Beautiful view! Your area is just so pretty! I was through there briefly coming and going last week on vacation....driving down to Miami for a cruise. Your area is the prettiest along our whole drive from NC! Had fun on the cruise, but now I'm playing catch-up and visiting all my favorite blogs to see what everyone did last week. :o) My hubby and I don't hunt either, but I sure enjoy seeing the deer and turkeys out in our field.

Sparkly Engineer said...

Your cards are always so elaborate with so much detail. This is another beautiful example, thank you for sharing

Colleen Dietrich said...

So glad that you and I share the same view about animals. :) I couldn't agree more.

Beautiful view! What's a hunting condo? I'm picturing a treehouse way up high, maybe with a little heater in it. ;)