Thursday, December 19, 2013

CottageCutz Shabby Chic Stocking

Have yourself a Shabby little Christmas.
  May all your decorations be white. 
 Hang a tattered little star upon the highest bow,
 and have yourself a Shabby little Christmas now!!!
Hello friends and bloggers.    It's now just about that time before Christmas when I realize I have planned more craft projects than I know I can finish or handle.  I was procrastinating about this project knowing I had cards to make to get in the mail and a project to show you today. I got my little Christmas note cards that I purchased from Michaels, got out some white paint, cheese cloth, kraft cardstock, a couple of die, glitter and punches and went to town.  This card goes together fast.  I am not kidding.  I will have made 8 cards in two nights.  That is fast for me!
Not only that, this will cost 66 cents to mail instead of $2.50 to $3.00 per card that I normally spend.  This is so much fun to make.  If I don't have paint up to my elbows and on my face and glitter all over the place, I am not having fun.  This was fun!!!!  And don't you like my pictures better?  I took my card to work and photographed it on my shelf.  I have no windows in there.  Something about my light box my camera doesn't like.  Must be a setting I have to discover.  Practice makes perfect.  Thanks for stopping by.  Sure do appreciate it.  See you soon!!!  Here are the dies I used:

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzwintersnowflakewreathelites.aspx


http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzwintersnowflakewreathelites.aspx

18 comments:

Diane said...

Gorgeous...love, love the shabby goodness of this!! I have some of those note cards, and have never seen them look so good, very beautiful and creative idea!! I was at Michael's yesterday, and they had 60% off their paper Christmas items, one was a large paper mache hat for a mere $1.49, because of you I bought it, thinking about your beautiful "spool" displays, I thought this would work, too!! Thank you for inspiring me!!

Glenda said...

This is so gorgeous! So many wonderful layers and everywhere you look is another pretty! Merry Christmas!

Karen W said...

Wow this is amazing!! I love very inch of it

Selma said...

This is gorgeous Carol. I love all the texture. Merry Christmas.

Benzi said...

Love this stocking card and I always love cards with cheesecloth. That is one of the very first things I noticed.
Your card has plenty of yummy goodness. Great photo, too.

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a gorgeous stocking and so beautiful doen Carol.

gr karin

Marisa said...

Loooooving all those snowflakes and all that white on white with a touch of sparkle :)

craftieodmae said...

Priceless!!! I love the white, the stockin and all the gorgeous details!!

Love crafts forever said...

Carol i just went true all your posts i missed, and i think my jaw still on the floor. You are right about glitter my Friend. More sparkles then better. So many gorgeous projects. So glad i stop by here.
Hugs Nataliya

Pinklady 68 said...

Wow, so many nice paper projects you have made since I last visited you:-) Lovely layouts with all your beautiful dies!!
Wish you A very Merry Christmas, Carol!!

Hugs Laila.

Marisa Job said...

What a beautiful project!! Love all the pretty details

Colleen Dietrich said...

Did you hear me say "whoa" when I first came to your blog this afternoon?? Yes, "whoa", indeed! And to think that this is a 'quick' card! It's drop dead gorgeous, Carol.

Can't believe you made 8 cards in two days! Yours are much more elaborate, and I imagine your hands moving so fast that they were a blur!

nwilliams6 said...

Hey Carol - I am so sorry it has taken me so long to come visit and catch up. I am running a week or two behind this year (actually the whole year!!! - I am going to do better this next year). Your card is so beautiful and amazing. I love the kraft and White and the frosty look to all of this! Wow. And 66 cents instead of a million dollars to mail? That is just icing on the cake! Lovely stuff here my friend. Love your work and a million hugz to you and your family!!!

*Vicki* said...

Such a gorgeous design Carol!! Love the snowflakes and beautiful design! :) Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and all the best for a great New Year my friend! :) HUGS

Sue said...

Wowzers, how beautiful is that. Loving all the white with the kraft paper. Awesome card, and the price to mail is wonderful, they just shake their heads when I show up at the post office.
Carol, have a wonderful holiday season, know your home is decorated beautifully for the holidays. Happy healthy New Year to you too.

Stamping With Bibiana said...

Just popping by to say Merry Christmas! I wish you lots of peace, love and happiness in company of all your family!
Thinking on all my blog friends like YOU on this day! Yours Bibiana

Winnie and Patty said...

Carol--this is just beautiful!!! I love all the "lacyiness" of it! I hope you & your family had a fabulous Christmas! TFS

Donna Ellis said...

How beautiful, and an added bonus that it will be less to mail! what size are these little note cards from Michaels? This is darling, beautiful, sweet, and delightful all rolled together, Carol! hugs, de