Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Tim Holtz Noel Card

 Greetings my friends.  Christmas is fast approaching and the festivities are in full swing here.  All I have left to do is cook.  My dear husband helped me shop and wrap the presents......so we're done!!!!  It was his birthday this weekend too.  So I cooked and threw a little party for him.  We had a great time. 
Remember this little number I posted not to long ago.  Well this is the card that I made to match it.  I photographed that spool in natural light.   I love that picture so much more than my card.  I photographed the card in a light box.   Anyway,  you get the idea,  right?  I just didn't want to wait any longer to give this a way.
 Don't you just love the little deer in the poinsettia.  I think he looks very sweet there!  Love the lacy look of the pretty snowflakes.  And just in case you are wondering,  I have been walking around with inky finger for some time now.  My finger were red today and right now they are green.....lol

 You can't see it to well, but there is another reindeer under the "25" on this easel card.   Under that is actually a pocket and I put a special note inside there.


 The soft color of the blue and green together are gorgeous.  I just love the soft cool blue.  I gave this to my co-worker this morning.  He brought it right to his wife at lunch.  The report back was that she was WOWED.....lol  Good, that was what I wanted to achieve.  I did it!!!  Christmas is the time of giving and I am overjoyed that I was able to share the gift of a beautiful hand made present.

Thank you so much for dropping by today to view my project.  My wish for you this season is to WOW as many people as possible at Christmas.   Remember those special people in your life that bring you joy.  Give plenty of "WOW's" to fill your heart!!!

12 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow stunning card love the colours and all that glitter Carol.

gr karin

Glenda said...

This is stunning. I love the blue poinsettia! My tree is up and decorated, packages wrapped and under the tree. Baking cookies and making fudge today and then a quick clean up and I'll be sitting back sipping hot chocolate!

craftieodmae said...

You sure know how to WOW! us, this is gorgeous, the deer, the poinsettia, all that wonderful glitter, I love each and every detail! I'm finished with every thing too except the cooking and eating, we start Sat............Merry Christmas dear friend................

Nan G said...

WOW oh wow! You sure pack the your creations with gorgeous details, Carol. Love everything about this one! The poinsettia with the little deer jumping thru....omg. Fabulous! Happy Christmas. Hugs

Benzi said...

I can certainly see why your co-worker's wife was saying, "WOW", when she received this beauty. Those have to be the most gorgeous poinsettias I've seen and you've used so many wonderful embellies, die cuts, etc. and have it sparkling so pretty. LOVE it!!!

Marisa Job said...

Absolutely beautiful!! Your work is always amazing!!

Marisa said...

Your poinsettias are stunning, Carol and loving all the sparkle!

Sherri said...

I seriously don't think you have it in you to make anything that is less than "WOW" grade! I'm convinced you could take pages from the phone book, throw on some glitter, add some die cuts & come up with something spectacular. lol I bet you absolutely made her day! And doesn't that make you feel wonderful?

Sue said...

Gorgeous! Such beautiful colors and so much detail and sparkle. Absolutely stunning.
Happy Holidays, Carol.

Hugs
Sue

Donna Ellis said...

Merry Christmas, Carol! thank you for sharing your Christmas pretties this year. I've so enjoyed each project. The colors in this card are especially striking. One thing you remind me to do is use those gorgeous MS punches. There is nothing quite like them, even mixed with other companies' dies - Carol, all the best this season, and many happy wishes for you and yours. hugs, de

Colleen Dietrich said...

Aw, I am so glad your coworker's wife loved this. How could she not?? It's amazing. Love the blue poinsettias with the white reindeer among them. Gorgeous.

I am glad *your* package arrived from me! Hope it was in one piece. You never know with the mail!

nwilliams6 said...

OM Gosh! You did do the blue poinsettias and they are amazing! Love the table top decoration and the matching card - reminds me of the project you taught me to make. I love it in blue and green like this the best - I am going to get those other Tim Holtz dies one day! Amazing glitter, details, colors, and special Carol touches on these projects. Wonderful and very magical stuff my friend. Hugz!