Monday, December 9, 2013

CottageCutz Winter Cardinal in the Snow

Holly Jolly greetings to you my dear friends.  Today I would like to share with you a CottageCutz creation made with the Winter Cardinal die, Winter Pine Branch die, Winter Pinecone Die, and Elegant Holly Corner Die. Are you dreaming of a white Christmas?  We don't get a white Christmas here in the South.  As a matter of fact, it was 80 degrees here on Saturday.  So I have to find creative ways to make my creations look snowy and frosty so I can enjoy a white Christmas.
 
For flowers and leaves I used lots of snow and glitter.  The pinecones also have brown sparkly glitter.  I painted the greenery on the Winter Cardinal die with smooch paint.  This was so fun to create.  Thanks so much for dropping by during you busy Christmas preparations.  I sure do appreciate it.  See you soon.  Here are the dies I used:



14 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is a very beautiful card Carol with beautiful decorations.

gr karin

Glenda said...

I love all the dies you used on this card and of course I love snow and glitter!

craftieodmae said...

Beautiful Christmas card!!

Benzi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Benzi said...

Oops: A do-over

Oh, what a beautiful "bird" card, Carol. I LOVE it! The paint and glitter are such wonderful added bonuses for a wintry look.
I had to laugh when you said it was 80 there Saturday. I talked to my son in GA and he said it was 75 and our high that day was only 33 degrees and took to mid afternoon to get there. We've missed two good chances for a nice snow this year. Got only a little sleet Sat. night and spitting snow Sat. a.m. I'm thinking we may get a good one this year. I'm south but not as far south as you. Sorry you can't get snow. :-)

Marisa Job said...

Such a beautiful project!! Love it!

Marisa said...

I'll take your 80 degrees please LOL! Been cold and chilly here, but must say the blue sky and sunshine beats the rain! Lovely scene you have created here and love the colours. The cardinal is fabulous as are the flowers!

Sherri said...

Another gorgeous card! You certainly nailed the "cold" weather/snow look on it too! I can't imagine being in 80 degree temps right now. We are up to 3 above at present, but the wind chill is around 16 below & we got snow yesterday too. I love all the detail you put in your cards. Each one is a work of art!

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful card...It is not 80 degrees here! Snow on the ground! Had to cancel my plans yesterday because of the snow...

Emily Keaton said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Carol! I love that pinecone die--they made an excellent corner cluster for your beautifully detailed card!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Carol, it's been too long since I've feasted my eyes on your gorgeous creations! This is absolutely breathtaking! Love it!!

Sparkly Engineer said...

This is lovely. I've missed visiting but it's well worth the time.

Donna Ellis said...

Such a lovely card, Carol, with interesting, pretty layers! You always add so much visual interest with the textures in your die cuts and embellishments - this card is amazing! And the cardinal die is especially pretty! hugs, de

nwilliams6 said...

Wow - look at all the 42,000 die cuts and details on this gorgeous card. Wow! I still wish I could see how all these ideas hit you - I know your dreams are all full of creativity and ideas! LOL! Wonderful flowers and layers. Hugz!