Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Tim Holtz Die Altered Spool in Blue

 
  Greetings friends.  Today I have another Tim Holtz altered spool to share but this one is in blue.  Isn't it pretty.  I love the blue! 
 This one is going to one of the guys I work with to take home to share with his family.  Do you have someone who does something special for you?  Well his family never forgets me during all the local High School football games.  For home coming and special events, I will come into work and always find a ribbon to wear just like the ones they are wearing at the High School.  It is always a thrill and touches my heart to be remembered this way.  I want to convey that to the family and will share my talent by making this for them.  I hope they love it!!!
 The blue and green is so festive.  I used silver with these colors because of the cool palette.  Again it was fun to make.  I want to make two more-possible in red.  We shall see how much time I have. 
 Thanks so much for visiting.  I sure to appreciate it.  I hope your Christmas preparations are coming along fabulously.  I am crafting everyday and enjoying myself.  Will see you soon.  Until then, Happy Crafting.


13 comments:

Diane said...

It is beautiful!! And you have enabled me to buy all the dies used but the poinsettia (I had that one..lol)...am hoping to make myself and my Mom one...this is gorgeous.....thanks for enabling and my hubby thanks you, too..not...lol!!!

Glenda said...

I literally sucked in my breath when I saw this! The poinsettia flowers are stunning and that snowman is to die for. Also love the lace you chose...you could just sent this one on over to me!

craftieodmae said...

I love everyrthing about this, it's breathtaking!!!! You always amaze me with your wonderful talent!

Benzi said...

Carol, this family is going to be awe struck when they receive this beautiful creation. Your talent knows no bounds. Every inch is just beautiful!!!

Marisa Job said...

Wow! This is absolutely gorgeous!! Love all the pretty details!!

Darlene said...

Oh Carol your creations are always such a delight! You are one of the most creative people I know and I draw such amazing inspiration from every piece! This is GORGEOUS ... I just love it!
Hope you are well and looking forward to the holidays!
BIG HUGS from OHIO!
Darlene
DAR'S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Marisa said...

You continue to rock those poinsettias, Carol, and the snowman is just too cute. Adorable scene you have created here.

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow this is gorgeous Carol love how you have made it and decorated.

gr karin

Donna Ellis said...

Your co-worker's family will want to use this year after year, Carol. It's so pretty, and a wonderful home decor piece. These types of gifts mean so much, having been hand made, custom designed, and beautifully created.

We have mosquitoes here. Can you believe it is in the 80s and it is December? I can't. But at least it is not freezing. But MOSQUITOES? give me a break. My geraniums are blooming, and even my caladiums have not given up the ghost yet (those usually die back in Sept). My Christmas cacti are in full bloom!

big hugs, Carol.
xo

Nan G said...

Oooh I LOVE the blue. Wonder if they'll adopt me so I can enjoy IRL! It's a gorgeous piece, Carol. If it needs a new home.....erm.... Hugs

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Love this!! It's so beautiful and love the blue color too! So pretty!! Happy December! xo Holly

Stamping With Bibiana said...

I am speechless...ALL your projects are so detailed oriented and so well crafted, this is a beauty...you amaze me, thanks for sharing your talent
hugs bibiana

Sparkly Engineer said...

I've done spools before but this one is over the top fav.